MSI K8N SLI Platinum power issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure what happened to cause this, but I came home from work today and my computer would not turn on. Nothing would turn over, the only thing that I noticed was that the power led on my case would slowly flash. I tried unplugging and plugging all cables and reseat my 8800gtx, x-fi, ram and cpu and the only change that happens is that the power led on my case changes from a slow flash to a rapid flash. I have no parts on hand to single out component issues and I live in the middle of nowhere so I have to order parts, btw my psu is an Antec TruePower 2.0 550 that has been running for 1yr and 7 months with zero issues. Any ideas?

typed from a Wii.......

Wednesday update ....I decided to order a new psu, I made the assumption that since the power led on the case was flashing that the motherboard was getting power, but not enough/or lack there of so I am thinking that the Antec psu became faulty for some reason. I ordered the Corsair 620HX as my replacement, if this does not solve the problem at least I have good psu for future build or upgrade.

Typed from work, but I ordered my psu in the morning from Newegg on my Wii.

Thursday update.....received Corsiar 620HX, removed old psu, installed new psu, problem solved, yay me :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back