ms rate in CS with my 16ms LCD wtf?

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
Why is it that I get 20-30 ms in CS when I have a 16ms LCD is there a command to fix this?

Originally posted by HitMan-sC
Please be joking. Well, if you aren't, I'd say that you are thinking of 20-30 FPS (frames per second) in CS. In that case, your FPS in games have nothing to do with your monitor, except for VSync. The response time of your monitor is simply how fast it change change a pixel/subpixel's color. Low FPS could mean a number of things: poor performing system, a slower video card, the amount and type of RAM you have, old/bad driver installations, heavily fragmented hard drives, or a number of other things. I'd say look into those first.

Please be joking you can't read? MS not fps I get 100fps quite nicely.

Allright, I'll be brave and throw this out there. How do you know what the response time is of your monitor while you are playing CS? Where does it show that information?

Does the monitor show a 16 ms response time for all other games?

I don't know how a game could change the response time on your monitor so I'm just trying to get some more info.

What type of monitor is it?

Originally posted by Glow
Please be joking you can't read? MS not fps I get 100fps quite nicely.

Easy there tiger, I misunderstood you. No need to be an ass about it.... Some monitor response times slow down when certain colors are present.

Originally posted by Spacy9
Allright, I'll be brave and throw this out there. How do you know what the response time is of your monitor while you are playing CS? Where does it show that information?

What type of monitor is it?

type in console net_graph 3 and it will show your ms and fps.

Well buddy your started with the sarcasm, when I just had question.

type in console net_graph 3 and it will show your ms and fps.

I didn't know that...

That was my guess but how would ping really effect your ms rate for your lcd when ur getting 100 fps? I don't get it.

Originally posted by Jäger
ms in the netgraph refers to ping...not fps

LOL I was about to say because it gave me 200ms when I booted CS with a huge video file in the background.

hahaha, this thread is hillarious

glow dude, your monitors response time is not related to your internet ping time

Originally posted by Brent
hahaha, this thread is hillarious

glow dude, your monitors response time is not related to your internet ping time

Well my screens become lagged when theres been a lot of choke so if it's laggy it would make a difference with what u see.

Well my screens become lagged when theres been a lot of choke so if it's laggy it would make a difference with what u see.
But that is network congestion or a misconfiguration. Google for settings such as "rate," "cl_updaterate," and "cl_lc" etc.. And 20-30ms is a great ping time to have, are you on cable or DSL?

Also what's interesting to note is that when framerate slows down, response time related blurring becomes much more apparent because there is a longer time between frame movement and so you can see the individual blurring pixels easily even with 12ms panels.

Originally posted by PliotronX
But that is network congestion or a misconfiguration. Google for settings such as "rate," "cl_updaterate," and "cl_lc" etc.. And 20-30ms is a great ping time to have, are you on cable or DSL?

Also what's interesting to note is that when framerate slows down, response time related blurring becomes much more apparent because there is a longer time between frame movement and so you can see the individual blurring pixels easily even with 12ms panels.

When I'm in a laggy server I will lower my rates, I'm on 1.7mbps DSL what is cl_lc never heard of that command. I use 5 other commands to set up how I like my config but never heard cl_lc.

When I'm in a laggy server I will lower my rates, I'm on 1.7mbps DSL what is cl_lc never heard of that command. I use 5 other commands to set up how I like my config but never heard cl_lc.
]
Sentences are your friend, man.

It's lag compensation, some kind of client prediction feature IIRC. Forgive me if they removed it in later versions, I haven't played since version 1.5 beta.

There are config files you can download (legit ones) that can modify how the flow of how you move around is affected.

Top 3 things you'll want to look at are:

cl_updaterate
cl_cmdrate
rate

Make the first 2 around 60 (Nice balance to lower interp)
then modify rate to be around 25000

That should help.

Like I said there are many other changes you can do to make the game flow better (i.e. reduce choke) but also keep in mind the server affects it as well. If you are pinging 30-70, then you should be good enough.

Oh man. you cannot be serious.
Tell me you are kidding. Tell me you are retarded. But for god's sake, don't tell me you are serious.

Hahaha. Wow. This ranks up there with like #2 or #3 of the stupidest questions asked. And it's not so much the question, but your holier than thou complex you came across as having. Shut the fuck up next time and listen to what people have to say, wrong or not. Like in this thread, you'll just dig yourself in a deeper whole.

LOL CS is teh 1337! LOL hope you all had fun. Seriously though whos going to pick up farcry? I haven't gotten a new game since I picked up Call of Duty and it's not as good online as I had hoped. It's between that and painkiller, I don't fucking have a clue between either cause I haven't heard much about what farcry offers for online play.

I wasn't that impressed at all by painkiller demo, but Far Cry absolutely floored me.

For multiplayer at least death match, team death match and "assault" are included. But I'm still looking forward to seeing how fighting other players at half a mile is going to work out. I'm guessing lots of sniper / counter-sniper action with a few long distance rockets thrown about to keep people on their toes.

-dB

In net_graph 3 if you see an ms rating, then it's not a good thing. MS in netgraph is not your ping. It has something to do with registering. It has nothing to do with your LCD.

I don't get ms when I have the following settings:

cl_updaterate 35
cl_cmdrate 101
rate 9999
interp .01 (bind a key to "interp .01" and hit it when you get on a server).

Sometimes I need to adjust the updaterate on a few servers, only if they give me MS. I just make the updaterate 30 or go down by a few notches until my MS is gone.

Originally posted by G-daddy
Oh man. you cannot be serious.
Tell me you are kidding. Tell me you are retarded. But for god's sake, don't tell me you are serious.

Hahaha. Wow. This ranks up there with like #2 or #3 of the stupidest questions asked. And it's not so much the question, but your holier than thou complex you came across as having. Shut the fuck up next time and listen to what people have to say, wrong or not. Like in this thread, you'll just dig yourself in a deeper whole.

Obviously you don't know the concept of MS and what it means when it shows up in your net_graph 3. So why don't you stop trying to be 1337 and stfu.

Originally posted by G-daddy
Don't try to play it off now. :rolleyes:

LOL I wouldn't think much of it bro ;) then again I don't think there is a service that offers 1.7mbps dsl either LOL. In 5 games my clans in 4th place in TWL I know what I'm doing. I will entirely admit though I have never heard of the command: cl_lc and interp .01. <- What is that anyways? But I do need something else to replace CoD for online play and Farcry does look nice. I'm down for fragging on a nice sunny beach.

Originally posted by Bugbear
Obviously you don't know the concept of MS and what it means when it shows up in your net_graph 3. So why don't you stop trying to be 1337 and stfu.

What the fuck are you talking about? :confused:

Originally posted by CannibalTrout
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL I'm going to call you out please explain to us in your on words the concept of ms and how it works in reguards to CS.

Back