Mousepad for MX518

galdoes16

Gawd
I just bought a Logitech MX518 mouse and was wondering what mousepad would be best? I currently have a Ratpad, but it is worn down, and I was looking at the eXactpad cloth mousepad. What would be the best mousepad for my new mouse?

For the price, I've heard that the func 1030 is terrific. I have an Everglide that's getting worn down, and I plan on picking up a func for my mx510 very soon.

Steel Pad S&S. It comes with free padsurfers, and makes the mouse really move very well. The surface is a perfect size and it looks awesome to boot!

I have a Func 1030 with my 510 and it's a great combo. Excellent feel with just the right amount of friction (not much).

Func 1030 works great with my mx510, nice and smooth. I don't know why people think it's so small. Unless you have your mouse sensitivity set to 1, and you fling your mousing arm around like it's on fire and you're trying to put it out, it's just the right size.

does the pad really help you out? i mean how much can a mouse pad help?

I use a "standard mousepad", if a slick surface one really does improve your gaming let me know ill have to pick one up.

Blown Cap said:
Func 1030 works great with my mx510, nice and smooth. I don't know why people think it's so small. Unless you have your mouse sensitivity set to 1, and you fling your mousing arm around like it's on fire and you're trying to put it out, it's just the right size.

Its not that. Even if you used high sens, after using a huge mouse pad its too hard to go back to something small, like the func pad. Its SO much better to have more space, if your desk has the room. I have a fatal1ty pad. Its okay...i only use it because of the size. 14"x17" i think. Helps a lot with FPS's

galdoes16 said:
EDIT: the pad Im looking at is the Xtrac Ripper XL

DO NOT get xtrac hard surface pads. THEY BLOW. They wear out in like 3 weeks. Ive never used their cloth mats though, so i cant say about them..you cant really go wrong with a cloth mat. I dont know what the ripper is...hard or soft, and i dont feel like looking.

I have been using a dell mousepad for about a year and it has been fine, although I considered changing I decided against it for no particular reason.

I have a mx518.

I used to use a fUnc 1030 (the smooth side), but since I needed more real estate to stop running outta mousepad when I game, I recently bought the fUnc F10.S (the 17" wide, smooth one).

I think the 1030 may be incrementally better, but this one easily makes up for it in its size advantage IMHO.

Blown Cap said:

Agreed. I don't know what the h*ll they're talking about. Great improvement over my old Everglide....which was a bit too think to be comfortable.

sculelos said:
I have been using a dell mousepad for about a year and it has been fine, although I considered changing I decided against it for no particular reason.
Is it the dell mousepad thats plastic with tiny ridges? That one messed with my mice, I guess the ridges would throw off the beam cuz sometimes them osue would jumps over all crazy like

I already posted a thread on mine.. but here you go if you are looking for one that's 14" wide. I even have my 518 to show you the size. Not too small not too huge.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=926701&page=1&pp=20

DSC09269.jpg

DSC09287.jpg

Booby McNipples said:
Dang dude, what the hell did you do to your mouse? Beat it with a ball-peen hammer? ;)

For the four hundred billionth time: It's the paint job.

Well, after reading some reviews on the pad I was thinking of getting, Ive decided not to due to durability issues. I think Im probably going to go with the $17 func 1030, I only have one question, what type of surface is it, and does it make much noise while in use?

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Mostly I'm just stoopid. You must forgive me... :p

Ha ha, someone I can relate too then! :D

@Galdoes16:

I can't say anything about the Banshee cause I've never used one (it does looks pretty sweet though) BUT I do have The func1030 and let me say it is bitchin'! I have an MX518 and the Razer Plasma and they both make sweet love to it every time I play a game!

Now if I can only decide on which mouse I'd rather keep........hmmm.

Edit: oops, I forgot to answer your questions! I'm not sure what exactly the mat is made out of but it's double-sided; smooth or rough, whichever you prefer. It's quiet too. The only way it makes any noise is if I move my hand around really super fast, like faster than spanking speed! :D

Blown Cap said:

I'm guessing you don't play competitive CS. Low sens is the shit for hs in that game.

Converge said:
Func pads are small as hell. I have one.

Not anymore

http://www.act-labs.com/func/index.htm

" F-Series NEW PRODUCT!
Func Industries F-Series Competition Mousing sUrfaces are single-sided, large format mouse pads constructed of high quality polycarbonate with exceptional and consistent tracking qualities. The mousing surface incorporates a specially selected, low profile, textured synthetic rubber that exhibits exceptional traction characteristics on a desktop.

F-Series Competition Mousing sUrfaces are available in either of the two surface textures that were popularized by the award-winning, double-sided sUrface1030. These two textures are the 10.S (commonly referred to as smooth) and the 30.R (commonly referred to as rough)."
PRICE: 14" x 11" $19.99 USD
PRICE: 17" x 11" $24.99 USD

I have a FuncPad 1030 and will be getting the F-Series 10.s I prefer that surface for my 518. Not sure about which size though.

Link to post with Review sites:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=928640&highlight=f-series

SteelPad S&S is the way to go. They come with mouse skates, which really make sliding the mouse easy. I love it, playing CS 1.6 @ 1.8 sens and still being able to do a full turn around somewhat quickly is great, without losing my ability to control recoil.

Ok, I ordered the 518 with the black func 1030, I'll see what its like to have a nice mouse for the first time! My currwnt mouse hase 200 or 400 dpi, so I'm getting a big difference

galdoes16 said:
Ok, I ordered the 518 with the black func 1030, I'll see what its like to have a nice mouse for the first time! My currwnt mouse hase 200 or 400 dpi, so I'm getting a big difference

Hey, I'm ordering the same exact combo as I type this :)

Right now I have a MS intellimouse optical with a worn-down ratpad (I didn't use teflon tape at first)

The ratpad was awsome at first before it got worn down, and I'm hoping that with the 518, teflon tape, and the 1030, I'll have a good solution for a long time!

Back