mouse with many keys at the thumb area

colore

Limp Gawd
hello!

can you suggest me please all possible mice with as many as possible keys in the thumb area, similar to Razer Naga?

razer-naga-2012-gallery2.jpg

thanks!

thanks but damn its not wireless

If there is anything that i have learned in my recent hunt for the perfect mouse, its that there is not one. Pretty much have to be willing to give up one or more of your requirements. It is truly a bummer, but that is what I have found.

Who knows. With the rise in popularity of these mmo type mice recently, maybe you will get lucky. Hell, maybe there is a wireless one out already. I dunno. Hope you find what you are looking for.

I did not like the Naga line at all myself.

Cyborg MMO7 isn't bad, but I found it less useful compared to some others.

SteelSeries makes World of Warcraft MMO mice, with a decent amount of buttons. The very latest one is Wireless, and the previous Legendary and Cataclysm models have their pluses. However, the software is very WoW focused so you'll have to "manually" create a lot of stuff if you play other games. Not a big deal though. Also, the buttons aren't all thumb-grid style, but they're quite useful

Corsair M90 is, in my opinion the current king of the "many buttons/MMO" mouse. The hardware feels great and the buttons are placed and shaped to make them easy to use. The software is minimalist and has a few quirks, but generally works well. This is my favorite multi-button multi-game mouse at the moment

Logitech is offering a new 20 button "grid" style mouse in the G600. Works with the awesome Logitech Gaming Software, unlike the G700. Just launching now pretty much; I'll be giving it a try.

If I had to pick just one >8 button mouse right now, I'd pick the M90 or G600; I've used most everything else and many are decent, a few are great, but overall I suspect these are the best for my uses.

I saw the Corsair M90, but I cant figure out if that things at the thumbs area are buttons or not

I need the main amount of buttons at the thumbs area and not at the index or other fingers area

The M90 has "most" of its buttons in the thumb area, its just not a traditional "grid", which actually works for it in some cases as you can rest your thumb in the center for a better grip on the mouse. On top, it has 2 small "extra" buttons down by left click fingertip (with backlit arrow graphics), and 1 button in the center behind the scroll wheel midmouse (backlit line/notch), but the vast majority of the buttons are in the thumb area.

The M90 has "most" of its buttons in the thumb area, its just not a traditional "grid", which actually works for it in some cases as you can rest your thumb in the center for a better grip on the mouse. On top, it has 2 small "extra" buttons down by left click fingertip (with backlit arrow graphics), and 1 button in the center behind the scroll wheel midmouse (backlit line/notch), but the vast majority of the buttons are in the thumb area.

not wireless damn :/

They have a wireless Naga:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153065&Tpk=wireless naga

I like my Naga except for a few issues I've had with it remapping buttons, auto-updates, forced log into website drivers, and the double click issue because the button hammers on the left and right buttons are made out of rubbery plastic, when they should be hard plastic. I had to fill in the crevice with glue to fix it. Kind of ghetto and it voided my warranty, but it works fine now.

I hated the wireless naga. Would drop out in the middle of SWTOR every five minutes or so. My friend hasn't had any problems with his though. But all my Razer mice have had problems, and none of my Logitech have.

Just bought the G600 and have to say I'm truly impressed. The grip on this thing is excellent, the tracking is better than the naga, and the software works flawlessly. The fact you get a G-Shift and can regrid all new functions is great. Plus switching profiles with the press of a button so you can map yet even more functions X2X2. Plus you can map your dpi settings any way you want and switch that on the fly too. I also love that the forward back buttons are defaulted to the mouse scroll wheel where you push the wheel to either side. This is probably the most convenient for me since I usually leave my finger on the scroll wheel when surfing the internet anyway.

The bad on the mouse is the grid is harder to get used to than on the Naga. I don't like the rows indented like they are. It worked a bit better with the Naga. But I'm learning to get used to it.

not wireless damn :/

It is going to be hard to find exactly what you want, if even possible. Wireless, in my opinion should be one of the first things to "go" in compromise, if you're looking for a high-performance gaming mouse. Wireless can be a neat feature and all, but it can also bring many problems (weight, disconnects, battery style, receiver type etc...) and for me personally, its just not that important to be worth giving up some of the best mice I've found. However, if it is for you these are the ones I'm aware of that have a wireless option and also a decent amount of buttons...

1. Razer Naga Epic - As I've said before I generally dislike Razer as their stuff is expensive, driver-necessary and sometimes has quality issues (though they do have a few good options). The Naga Epic offers wireless, but it is getting a little bit old compared to the other Naga variants (such as new the 2012 Naga, Naga Hex etc...) and because of that may not have some of the latest features, if you're looking for that. However, it is the Wireless member of the Naga family. http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.220156700/categoryId.35208800

2. SteelSeries WoW Wireless MMO Mouse - The first of the series to be wireless (and I think the first SteelSeries mouse ever, to be wireless), there isn't a really good pic on the site yet, but it has a similar layout to the Legendary Edition. It has a few topside buttons but there's a thumb "T-layout" of sorts as well as a right-side pinky button. May or may not be enough buttons or the layout for your liking, but it is wireless and many players enjoy the contoured buttons of SteelSeries WoW mice, even though they're not in a "grid", their arrangement is easy to feel. http://steelseries.com/us/products/...f-warcraft-wireless-mmo-gaming-mouse#pictures

3. Logitech G700 - Logitech wireless entry, this mouse is traditional Logi style/shape, with lots of extra buttons. There is a thumb cluster, but a handful of index buttons and midmouse buttons as well, in addition to the "flying"+rocker scroll wheel if you wish. The major downside I'm aware of is it does NOT work with Logitech Gaming Software, leaving you instead with SetPoint, which is nowhere near as awesome. I highly think the G600 will be more what you're looking for, especially with both LGS support and the thumb grid, but if you want a wireless option. http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming/mice-keyboard-combos/wireless-gaming-mouse-g700

If you can go without wireless, I would strongly advise you to do so, but if you can't these are some of the better MMO-style multibutton offerings.

Corsair M90 has keys on the side that are hard to press/need more force than other mice. I wont recommend this mouse to people with small hands/fingers.

The thumb area of the MMO7 is good, I like the d-pad (I use it for strafing in games) However, it's sensor is really sensitive and it might be hard to find a good mouse pad for it. (I am still looking for one that works well with it)

The Naga has too many buttons for me. It is hard to press the right button in the heat of the fight as you never know where exactly your thumb is.

Quality wise, the Corsair definitely wins. I have never seen a mouse that looks this good. I really wanted to keep it, but the side buttons were just too hard to press for me

The best wireless gaming mouse with a ton of buttons I can name would be the Logitech G700. Great build quality, charges over usb, good button placement, decent tracking, good wireless performance.

The best wireless gaming mouse with a ton of buttons I can name would be the Logitech G700. Great build quality, charges over usb, good button placement, decent tracking, good wireless performance.

how many keys it has in thumb area? i cant figure out from the images

I hated the wireless naga. Would drop out in the middle of SWTOR every five minutes or so. My friend hasn't had any problems with his though. But all my Razer mice have had problems, and none of my Logitech have.

Just bought the G600 and have to say I'm truly impressed. The grip on this thing is excellent, the tracking is better than the naga, and the software works flawlessly. The fact you get a G-Shift and can regrid all new functions is great. Plus switching profiles with the press of a button so you can map yet even more functions X2X2. Plus you can map your dpi settings any way you want and switch that on the fly too. I also love that the forward back buttons are defaulted to the mouse scroll wheel where you push the wheel to either side. This is probably the most convenient for me since I usually leave my finger on the scroll wheel when surfing the internet anyway.

The bad on the mouse is the grid is harder to get used to than on the Naga. I don't like the rows indented like they are. It worked a bit better with the Naga. But I'm learning to get used to it.

I've got the naga epic and mine drops the wireless every hour or so. I have to unplug the usb and replug it back in to be seen again. have you found a fix for this? I read somewhere to go back to the 1.02 firmware drivers, but i'm reluctant to do that right now.

Back