Mouse + Teflon Tape = teh huh?

cmosdos

2[H]4U
I ripped my mouse feet off the other day playing some hardcore Halo and figured this would be a good time to try out putting some teflon tape on the bottom of my mouse. I headed down to the local Lowes home improvement center and found a employee. Asked him if they carried it and he took me to it.

Now, I'm not sure if I bought the right thing or not. This came from the plumbing section. It looks like the tape they put around PVC tubes to make them water tights. I asked him if they had any other kinds and he showed me some more plumbing tapes. I can't figure out how to apply this thing to the mouse. Its not adhesive on any side. It is however VERY slick.

Did I buy the wrong thing? Or, how the heck do I get the stuff to stay on the mouse? :cool:

yeah, you got the wrong thing, the stuff i used was adhesive backed

I think you may have the wrong stuff. The teflon tape that was used where I work was adhesive backed.

-Terry

You've got the wrong stuff. That's for plumbing use only. It won't stick, even if you try it, and it won't work your mouse, period. There's no way to get that stuff to work. You want tape that has an adhesive. I used to sell the stuff, but I stopped (not worth my time really....made a few hundred bucks, but it was a pain). You can search online... www.sciencekit.com used to have it, and there's a few other places with it.

Damn, thats what I figured. Any possibility lowes or home depot might have it? Been searchin their online stores and haven't found anything yet.

Since we have all these teflon-users in this thread...

I bought some of those little round teflon discs like the ones from that site. I'm using a ratpadz and it seems they wear through in like a week. The things surprised me when they arrived, I thought they were thicker.

I smashed a marble and used some of the little round bits to replace the feet on my mouse. It's kinda tricky finding four pieces that level out and you do kinda have to worry about cutting yourself on the little glass bits while you're picking through them, but they never wear out and they were super slick.

Those are exactly what I bought, except I didn't buy 8 I bought a roll of >100 for like $1. I'll take a pic of them next time they wear through.

Back