Mounting Logitech-560s

Irreligious

2[H]4U
I'd like to attempt the surround sound thing but i need to figure out how to get the speakers behind me up to my level.

Anyone know where to get good speaker mounts?

Btw ,is it ideal for the speakers to be on four corners of the room high near the ceiling ,OR two in front of me at my height and two in back at my height?

The stands on the 560 satellites swivel, you just need to unscrew the screw in the back a little. Swivel them up and mount them at seated ear level for best results.

Also, turn the bass knob on the control panel down all the way to approximate flat response characteristics.

I'll second the at ear level recommendation strongly. You lose a lot of information, mostly high-frequency, the further off-axis you get.

As for stands/mounts, how far away is the wall behind you? If you're not too far, I'd recommend hitting a local hardware store and looking at some cheap brackets for either mounting the speakers directly or a small shelf to hold them. Speaker stands and mounts that are explicitly for speakers tend towards the spendy side. If you're 10-15' away from the rear wall, I'd recommend some stands, but that's going to be a pain as they'll be targets for tipping every time you stand back up...

Also, the stands on the satellites are the worst things ever, a lot are bent at different angles, you should bend them all to be the same if you think it sound kind of off.

Back