Moto G Power 5G

Supersnake

[H]ard|Gawd
a.jpg

1.jpg

Motorola is releasing the Moto G Power 5G on April 13, 2023.

Last edited:
I'd look at picking this up if I didn't have the Power from 2020. They really downgraded the '21 and '22, but this looks nice. Unfortunately by the time they drop the bottom out of the price they won't be pushing updates for it anymore.

Or, I pick up one of these and keep the '20 as a spare.

I'd look at picking this up if I didn't have the Power from 2020. They really downgraded the '21 and '22, but this looks nice. Unfortunately by the time they drop the bottom out of the price they won't be pushing updates for it anymore.

Or, I pick up one of these and keep the '20 as a spare.
I purchased a Power (2020) for my girlfriend in Jan 2020. I chose it over the inferior '21 version, which was available at the same time. I intend to upgrade her phone to the Moto G Power 5G and have her keep the '20 as a spare.

Last edited:
I have the Moto One 5g Ace and it has been awesome. Moto phones have a very good amount of specs and features for the small pricetag.

I had the Moto G Power 2020 and it was a good phone. Gave it to my brother as I wanted to go back to Samsung.

Will have to read reviews, I've got the 2020 power and vibration is super weak. Otherwise decent, although I think security updates just ran out

The Moto phone names are really confusing. I can not keep up with all the similar names across many years.

The Moto phone names are really confusing. I can not keep up with all the similar names across many years.
I can handle Motos phone naming mess, kinda(have a g power) but FSPs psu naming scheme...that is utterly ridiculous. Keeping track of their crap is impossible.

One doesn't have to stray far to find more examples of smart phones with confusing naming schemes.
Sony, Xiaomi, Realme, Asus, Nokia, and Apple come to mind. And the trend isn't letting up. Have to admit though that Motorola is striving to be the champion :joyful:

I have a G Power 2020 and found it pathetic how much of a downgrade the 2021 and 2022 phones were. I haven't looked any thing about this new one but hopefully it's an actual improvement. My 2020 is still going strong but I like to have good options out there in case something happens.

Back