Most Interesting Viruses

casefan

Weaksauce
What, in your opinion would be the most interesting viruses and why? We are all too familiar with the common worm, etc, but what about the more "creative" ones?

thanks,

casefan

One that grabbed bank account details (etc) and then donated to some charity :)

The ones that do things at a lower level interest me the most. Ones that will rewrite firmware, infect BIOSes, destroy partition tables, boot sectors, allocate memory outside of a workable range, or other such things. Modern "format C:\ heheheh" viruses are hardly deserving of the name.

The I Love You worm.

Why? It knocked some sense into some of us about opening those mail attachments.

Actually it would be Melissa.

Doom and MSBlast was just for the system administrators to learn about nonpatched machines.

the most interesting ones are the ones that anti-virus companies don't write. :D They're so much more interesting to observe.

systems.exe virus. caught me last year. Even though there is a file already in windows labelled system.exe it then duplicates itself pretty much like an Aids virus. Catches onto other files. Creates more files by the 100's. Kills resources making it run at 100% load.

Hmm lets say, It pissed me off. :p

There was one a looong long time ago, Office 97 days I think, maybe earlier, the name escapes me.

Was a harmless one. Clippy, the annoying MS Office helper. If you were idle for a while, he would walk out on your document..stand there...tap his feet or something. Well...the virus had him walk out on your document...and go pee..leaving a yellow puddle. Non destructive..just amusing.

Back