more proof google reads every email. 24hr otp deletion

d3athf1sh

[H]ard|Gawd
so apparently this is old news but i just got a prompt to enable 24hr OTP deletion on my android phone

i had to look up what an OTP even was, One Time Password. how does google even know i have an OTP anyway? and i don't think i even do. (actually i don't i just checked)

well if you needed one more reason not to use gmail, here it is. funny thing is i don't even use gmail so i don't know what triggered this prompt, that and i don't use my real cellphone number for any of that type of sh*t either.

i guess this is probably old news to you guys, but it just made me feel violated, like someone was rumaging through my house while i was away. but i've known for a long time not to use anything google that you don't want public knowledge. all you have to do is watch one "true crime" show to know that. they can pull up your exact location from 10 yrs ago if they want. doesn't matter if the phone is on or off. and why they've been trying to make prepaid phones illegal

I got the same notification with my Pixel 8 Pro. Never happened before with any of my phones, Android or iPhone. I see your point on feeling somewhat violated, but I didn't let it get to me. There's no such thing as privacy when it comes to cell phones. About the only way to protect your privacy in this digital age is...

7234581-retro-communication-shown-by-two-tin-cans-on-a-string-for-a-childs-version-of-a-teleph...jpg

That's not referring to this?

Screenshot_2023-11-08-15-03-51-18_f7aa348215f5d566f9e4ca860f474209.jpg

Settings > Google > Manage your acct > Security

I got the same notification with my Pixel 8 Pro. Never happened before with any of my phones, Android or iPhone. I see your point on feeling somewhat violated, but I didn't let it get to me. There's no such thing as privacy when it comes to cell phones. About the only way to protect your privacy in this digital age is...

View attachment 611991
So easy to man-in-the-middle that setup.

Cone of Silence or gtfo

I really do not understand what is going on at all.

How you not having something, being suggested to enable 24hr OTP deletion on your android phone show that google read non gmail email ?

Google is try to move to codes instead of passwords on everything. Unless it was a phish attempt or something or since you said you dont have any of it enabled a reminder from google.....to turn it on.

As for how they know, so many easy ways to know if a message is OTP, mainly from what source it originated from...

On that note since i own my own domains, i get my own hosting so never have to worry about this crap (yes i vet my providers)

Last edited:
Back