More Pictures of NVIDIA's Cinder Block-sized RTX 4090 Ti

the GPU and motherboard just need to trade places in the case. EZPZ

At this point case design will have to radically change if this trend continues which I assume it will. The mounting brackets that screw into the case are just too short.

I assume someone will come out with some new case type that is somehow modular and backwards compatible.

At this point case design will have to radically change if this trend continues which I assume it will. The mounting brackets that screw into the case are just too short.

I assume someone will come out with some new case type that is somehow modular and backwards compatible.

External, externally powered GPUs connected to some PCIe card input accessory/sisterboard, don't need to change anything about PC arch but the GPU

Edit: Like a trash can Mac you plug into the wall and computer 👍Gonna suck I'd hate it but problem solved of size + heat + power

Double edit: Nvidia is just gonna force everyone into paying for GeForce Now is the gameplan probably lol

Last edited:
External, externally powered GPUs connected to some PCIe card input accessory/sisterboard, don't need to change anything about PC arch but the GPU

Edit: Like a trash can Mac you plug into the wall and computer 👍Gonna suck I'd hate it but problem solved of size + heat + power

Double edit: Nvidia is just gonna force everyone into paying for GeForce Now is the gameplan probably lol
Or window mount like an a/c unit. Throw the heat outside. In winter mode it would be used as a heater.

Pretty soon will need dual power connectors to support 1200w cards.
Time to bring back dual PSU builds back.... I had one back in my P4 Prehot days, 2 x 400w FSP PSU in my CoolerMasters stacker case

1687817305043.png

Stacker

I just don't get why they are so insistent that it has to be air cooled. This is just insane now. I am limited to a 2 slot gfx card cause I use all my MB slots. I won't compromise on that point. That's why I have been buying AIO versions of gfx cards since the 1080.

Does the card come with a coal storage facility and attached boiler and turbine plants?

Future announcement: nVidia just released the new RTX 12090ti featuring the world's first on board dysonium fusion arc reactor.

Things are getting weird. As someone who bought the most enthusiast card available every-other generation for the last 10 years, I'd never thought I'd thought performance per size was going to become the most valuable metric for me to gauge my GPU purchase on.

And for what? The occasional game that might have one or two ray-tracing features? I'm sure there will be much better cards available when RT is actually standard. 3090 Ti scratches every itch at 4k 120Hz for me.

I really do wonder about the practicality of the power of these things going forward...

I have a 5950x with a 3090. It is a 350w card, right? So if I am cranking away at something that is taxing the system, I could be pulling 600w. With regular north American 120v power that is 5A. If some on the same uses the vacuum (usually 12A) that will trip the breaker.

We are to the spot where your computer room will need two dedicated circuits; one for the computer and one for the AC unit.

Newer stuff you could be pushing higher. Is 800w out of the realm of reality? At 800w you'd need nearly 3,000 btu of cooling to mitigate the extra heat.

I really do wonder about the practicality of the power of these things going forward...

I have a 5950x with a 3090. It is a 350w card, right? So if I am cranking away at something that is taxing the system, I could be pulling 600w. With regular north American 120v power that is 5A. If some on the same uses the vacuum (usually 12A) that will trip the breaker.

We are to the spot where your computer room will need two dedicated circuits; one for the computer and one for the AC unit.

Newer stuff you could be pushing higher. Is 800w out of the realm of reality? At 800w you'd need nearly 3,000 btu of cooling to mitigate the extra heat.

I guess we're all going to have to look at how far we're willing to go to avoid cloud gaming solutions.

No one really cares.

It could take 6000 watts to power and people would still buy it. So long as it’s the most performant.

The GPU could be the size of a full tower case needing a cooling system the size of a refrigerator and people would still buy it.

If anything they’ll label it “retro” and talk about how it looks like a mainframe. “I can’t move my PC without a forklift. How retro!”
Most 120 outlets are on 15a circuits which is going to start running into issues if you have multiple 1000w draw computers on them.

How long until we’re putting in 240v, 20a circuits for computers.

It’s too big

“The card's PCB isn't conventional—not perpendicular to the plane of the motherboard like any other add-in card—but is rather along the plane of the motherboard, with additional breakaway daughter cards interfacing with the sole 12VHPWR power connector, and the PCIe slot. This slender, ruler-shaped PCB spans the entire length of the card, without coming in the way of its heat dissipation surfaces. The length is used for the large AD102 ASIC that's probably maxed out (with all its 144 SM enabled), twelve GDDR6X (possibly faster 23 Gbps), and a mammoth VRM that nearly maxes out the 600 W continuous power delivery design limit of the 12VHPWR.”

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/310516/...cinder-block-sized-rtx-4090-ti-cooler-surface
But erek you posted this on Tuesday:

“NVIDIA's latest roadmap shows Ada Lovelace-Next GPUs for 2025 launch. (Image Credits: HardwareLuxx)
Currently, NVIDIA has the fastest card around with its RTX 4090 and due to no competition in this segment, the company doesn't find the need to launch the RTX 4090 Ti at the moment."

Do we need planning permission to install this fucker? Is a vertical mount gonna potentially tip the case over? :eek:
U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson, Democrat from Lithonia, recently worried that it might be.
"My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize," Johnson said, straight-faced and seemingly serious.

Word is he is writing legislation banning 4090Ti sales to Guam.

Most 120 outlets are on 15a circuits which is going to start running into issues if you have multiple 1000w draw computers on them.

You’re not getting this. Let me say it slower:
NO….. ONE.… CARES.

If this requires the ownership of a coal power plant, then so be it.

Reactions: T4rd
like this

If you're the type of person who has MULTIPLE 1000w draw computers one would hope that you're smart enough to put them on different circuits. I mean the cost of these chonky video cards would make the cost to bring a new circuit for each computer a drop in the bucket.

Just plug the GPU into an outlet on another breaker. Problem solved :cool:

You’re not getting this. Let me say it slower:
NO….. ONE.… CARES.

If this requires the ownership of a coal power plant, then so be it.
Lol.. I really wonder what some of the "enthusiasts" limits are for price and heat/power consumption are. I'd like Nvidia to price the 5090 at 10k and 1000W idle consumption and see 90% of the 4090 owners still buy them. I'd be tempted to do it if I was Nvidia at least. :D

Yeeeeeeuuup.. My room shares a breaker with the water pump so if laundry is being done or someone is using the shower I pretty much can't play games on my PC or the breaker trips. It really sucks. I rent and can't change anything. I have a 4090 now and it's not as bad as when I had a 3090 but it really sucks to be into a game and poof everything turns off :cry:. Before the 3090 it was a window AC unit that would do it. bleh

A daughter board for the 12VHPR hmm, almost like nvidia knows there is and issue and wants to ease the process of RMAs

Can't wait to see if it comes with it's own PSU.

Gigantic NVIDIA GeForce RTX 40-Series TITAN ADA Cooler For Sale

by T0@st Today, 13:30 Discuss (4 Comments)
Leaked photos of a cinder block-sized NVIDIA flagship graphics card cooler appeared online over a week ago, with speculation pointing to it originating from an extremely powerful RTX-40 series GPU—perhaps a theoretical GeForce RTX 4090 Ti or something codenamed TITAN ADA. The pictured prototype outsizes several existing reference designs—its substantial bulk could be enough to tame the fully unlocked potential of Team Green's already large AD102.

Last week's photos have been traced back to the source—as reported by Wccftech, it seems that a seller on the Chinese Taobao Goofish platform is attempting to flog the unit for roughly $120,000 (888,000 RMB). The seller/site member "Hayaka" is apparently open to accepting offers from the highest bidder, but the prospective buyer will not be getting their hands on any working hardware—the listing is for the cooler alone. No GPU or PCB is included according to the provided information, so the winner will be procuring a very expensive (albeit highly unique) mantelpiece.
64xYHeWKhmsm6As6_thm.jpg i8dpxpBrCfplbVcF_thm.jpg 1e3fLvOrm4GIeOy5_thm.jpg RA1Z5FFzMbUeYnl0_thm.jpg

Back