Moore Threads MTT S80 GPU Escapes China, Gets Benchmarked

erek

[H]F Junkie
Let’s see

“There's a clear disconnect between the raw specs of the MTT S80 and its real-world results. On paper, the MTT S80 has four times as much memory, four times the memory bandwidth, and nearly seven times the raw FP32 compute. It's nowhere near reaching that theoretical level of performance.

PC Watch seems to think that the Moore Threads graphics card's major issue is with drivers, so it has some hope that things will continue to improve over the coming months. For now, the MTT S80 is not for gamers, curious developers, or graphics card collectors.”

1686780154366.png

Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/moore-threads-mtt-s80-gpu-escapes-china-gets-benchmarked

Let’s see

“There's a clear disconnect between the raw specs of the MTT S80 and its real-world results. On paper, the MTT S80 has four times as much memory, four times the memory bandwidth, and nearly seven times the raw FP32 compute. It's nowhere near reaching that theoretical level of performance.

PC Watch seems to think that the Moore Threads graphics card's major issue is with drivers, so it has some hope that things will continue to improve over the coming months. For now, the MTT S80 is not for gamers, curious developers, or graphics card collectors.”

View attachment 576793
Source: https://www.tomshardware.com/news/moore-threads-mtt-s80-gpu-escapes-china-gets-benchmarked

China's Moore Threads MTT S80 GPU Review | A New Challenger Appears​

This video looks at the history of the relatively new Moore Threads Technology, a recent competitor in the GPU space that was founded by a former NVIDIA employee. Moore Threads is part of a recent boom in China's domestic silicon design market, and it just shipped its first consumer GPUs -- the MTT S80 and MTT S70. We're benchmarking the MTT S80, testing the drivers, looking at the (awful) power consumption characteristics, and talking about implications in the market.

Let’s see

I think that the major issue is probably that they are lying about what it is capable of. Chinese companies are not known to be truthful with their claims. While I'm sure shit drivers are also a problem, my bet is that the silicon straight up is not nearly as capable as they claim. I mean I take ANY company's internal claims with a grain of salt, it isn't like nVidia and AMD are exempt from overstating their performance, but Chinese companies seem to take it to a whole new level of making shit up.

I think that the major issue is probably that they are lying about what it is capable of. Chinese companies are not known to be truthful with their claims. While I'm sure shit drivers are also a problem, my bet is that the silicon straight up is not nearly as capable as they claim. I mean I take ANY company's internal claims with a grain of salt, it isn't like nVidia and AMD are exempt from overstating their performance, but Chinese companies seem to take it to a whole new level of making shit up.
+1

And all those Chinese companies on Amazon, they routinely lie about customer service, etc.Those are the companies with funny, unpronounceable names.

These guys are way behind even Intel in drivers. Not surprising that the real world performance in games will suck.

These guys are way behind even Intel in drivers. Not surprising that the real world performance in games will suck.
Their drivers are behind even "first generation lazy open source" drivers. The driver issue isn't even the shit speeds, but the inability to play almost anything. That is just completely shit coding. Like even if it is slow, it should be able to run almost all games. This is just absolutely trash-teir programming.

I'm surprised they don't go for Linux drivers big time.

Back