Monoprice 4K Monitor

Blasst

n00b
I knew they were working on this and finally a small bit of info. Hopefully we'll get more details shortly.

Monoprice4KMonitor_zpsdf073497.jpg

http://www.cnet.com/products/monoprice-28-inch-4k-gaming-monitor/

Chris Apland from Monoprice posted on facebook some specs for us.

"60hz - 1ms response time- 1 billion colors"

So this will surely be a TN panel.

Looking forward to getting the full specs and details on this monitor sooner than later.

Chris Apland from Monoprice posted on facebook some specs for us.

"60hz - 1ms response time- 1 billion colors"

So this will surely be a TN panel.

Looking forward to getting the full specs and details on this monitor sooner than later.

Well, yeah... The 28" gives it a way as a TN even before you check response times.

I was hoping they'd be releasing a 30 or 32" panel. Any news on a larger model in the works?

these new low cost 4k from companies are AUO panels and most of them are TN so far. the IPS ones are a little more pricey. and only 30hz

Last edited:
It's nice to see so many more choices available now for 4K computer monitors.

Being limited to the 30Hz Seiki was fine a year ago when that was all that was available, considering the alternative was $3200+ for the Igzo panel. Now that more and more mfgrs are making 28's I am hopeful that someone pops out a 39" because I'm still waiting for one of those in 4K @60Hz. (Once I got used to the Seiki I don't think I could go to a physically smaller screen.)

I think next year will be the year we get the good large 4k monitors that will be good for gaming. Right now its mostly 30Hz panels.

Any opinions on this monitor? The solitary user review on Monoprice is 8/10 and reads:
4k Awesomeness
Pros: Construction and build quality is better than I expected.
The stand is solid and sturdy. Holds this beast well.
4k @60hz awesomeness, of course! (and no dead pixels)

Cons: Zero cable management features. So you're on your own there.
You need to buy the cable you need. Not sure why this only comes with DVI. (MacBook Pro users purchase item 6007 for thunderbolt/mini displayport)
Brightness seems to fade a bit at the edges. You'll only notice if you look for it.

Works out of the box with ZERO configuration on my MacBook Pro (Mid 2014) at 4k@60hz resolution. It brought a tear to my eye. MacBook Pro treats this display like a hi-res retina display. Perfect.
PLEASE make sure you're using the DISPLAYPORT connector to realize the full potential of this display

So slightly uneven backlight uniformity, but working 4K@60 over displayport. It's definitely TN with 170 horizontal/ 160 vertical viewing. Pivoting stand is therefore of limited use. I assume this is the same panel Asus and Samsung are using in their 28" 4K monitors. Curious to hear more opinions and confirmations particularly regarding the panel, PWM and real world experiences on a PC.

Sounds like the same panel, it has HDMI 2.0, but requires display port for 60hz?

Since the Benq bl3200ph is 32" and $999, maybe monoprice will beat it and come out with a $700 32" 4K screen before the end of next year :D

They've dropped HDMI 2.0 from the spec list, and it is a TN panel. Overall, nothing special when compared to the other TN 4k displays.

Back