Monoprice 30" 2560x1600 S-IPS Monitor $597 +Ship

Since it has one DVI-D port, most likely it will have very low input lag.
Not sure of the overall quality of the monitor though.

decisions decisions. Should I get this or wait till the 120hz versions hit the market?

I was just reading this deal thread over on slickdeals, there's a huge difference between a 60hz and 120ghz gaming monitor.

Regardless of whether or not there's a "huge" difference between a 60hz and 120hz gaming monitor (which there isn't to me and my hypersensitive eyes),

1) Do you really want to require $1500+ in GPU power in order to run your single 2560x1600@120hz monitor?

and

2) 30" 120hz xIPS monitors are not planned for this year, next year, or the foreseeable future. I'm not saying that we couldn't POSSIBLY find a 30" IPS panel that OCs to 120hz, but there are none being marketed at this point in time.

If you're going to wait for something, wait for affordable 4K monitors or OLED (after they fix burn-in issues), not 30" IPS @ 120hz.

Must be a different kind of sensitivity in your eyes. My 120hz lcd blows away any of my old 60hz lcd monitors. It's almost like having my 22" NEC 2141SB back again.

I'm a big fan of monoprice and if they ever release a higher clocked or overclockable monitor, I'm throwing my money at them.

is that LED or CCFL? And it's 11% more now @ $663 [edit: oh right, probably need that discount code!]

Last edited:
The 27" seems to have dropped in price by a large amount. It's $325.27 now, was $400 a month ago. Not sure if that was already posted, but I'm impressed. Matching and beating Korean prices.

Someone finally did it. Its about time.

If I hadn't bought a dell 30" off ebay years ago(from a thread here) I'd be all over this.

I've never returned anything from monoprice because their stuff is awesome!

How good is monoprice to deal with on returns?

I have had nothing but wonderful experiences when dealing with them..Two buddies of mine own a local Home Theater Store, and when they were first getting started they would get all of their cabling/switches etc from Monoprice..They had to return a few things here and there, and they also have never said anything negative about dealing with returns.

EDIT:

It appears this is a CCFL backlit unit, not LED (uses 95W when powered on)..The Monoprice reviews all seem to say that it is a great looking screen, but the casing etc were really cheapened out on..That being said, it is still a lot cheaper then any other 30" LCD on the market, assuming you can deal with CCFL backlighting..Here is a pretty good review, with good pictures really showing the awesome amount of real estate that a 30" has over a smaller 1080P display,..

Last edited:
"we stand behind our products and offer a full 1 year warranty, which is at least 3-4 times what is offered by other monitor manufacturers"

Seriously?

WTF have they been looking? 3 year min on my monitors I buy. One year is a joke and for them to make it sound like they are offering of of the best warranties is pretty shitty.

Isn't a higher contrast ratio better? If so theirs sucks balls. Not only that a GOOD model 55" Samsung tv doesn't even weigh as much as this tank does. $600 and it doesn't even offer 3D support? You people and your 30" monitors are nuts. Unless you get one for <$400 new it's a joke. IPS or not. That of which I don't get what is so special on if they are IPS or not. I see no tearing or any graphical flaws with any of my monitors never have. Games look just is good as my big screen playing a blu-ray movie or something from DirecTV in HD @1080.

To notice a difference in 60HZ to 120HZ+ I don't get either. So what your Fraps shows a higher frame rate. The game your playing isn't moving any faster then it would otherwise.

Oh yea and for their display to be actually made by LG (One of the much cheaper LCD companies out there in pricing) This is really a joke on cost for value.

A TV looks like shit close up, you know how most people generally play PC games.

A TV looks like shit close up, you know how most people generally play PC games.

Who said anything about looking at TV's close up?:confused: With that being said have you been in a BB lately and looked at the high end Samsung and Sony screens along with some of the higher end LG's? :eek: You don't have to be across the room to see the quality in some of those pictures especially the Samsung's. I haven't looked in about 5 months but I can assure you that the quality hasn't gone anywhere to the negative if anything it has gotten better since then.

^^ Not to mention that LG makes the panels for 90% of the IPS monitors out there, if not all, including all of the Dell and Apple IPS monitors. IPS is about viewing angle and color. ..30" monitors are about resolution and screen real estate. People do SOME things besides gaming.

Do a little reading before spouting.

If I didn't already have a Korean 2560x1440 IPS glossy monitor, I'd be all over this. Speaking of which, glossy or matte? Website is giving me errors and that "review" doesn't say much.

BB

^^ Not to mention that LG makes the panels for 90% of the IPS monitors out there, if not all, including all of the Dell and Apple IPS monitors. IPS is about viewing angle and color. ..30" monitors are about resolution and screen real estate. People do SOME things besides gaming.

Do a little reading before spouting.

If I didn't already have a Korean 2560x1440 IPS glossy monitor, I'd be all over this. Speaking of which, glossy or matte? Website is giving me errors and that "review" doesn't say much.

BB
The discussions above were about gaming. That's what just about everyone was talking about. So the SOME things besides gaming is understandable yet not relevant to my post.

By the way Matte.;)

30" IPS Pro LCD Monitor WQXGA 2560x1600 DVI w/Adjustable stand-Matte / Anti-Glare

Take your gaming to the next level with this 30" IPS Crystal Pro Monitor from Monoprice!

There is nothing like a large screen to make your games really come to life. The heart of this monitor is the beautiful IPS (In-Plane Switching) LED panel made by LG in Korea. The IPS technology in this monitor helps produce this color and viewing angle, as well as increasing response time to 6 milliseconds, which is a critical factor for gaming.

This 30" monitor boasts a maximum resolution of 2560x1600 pixels and a 178 degree viewing angle, both horizontally and vertically. It supports video inputs using the Dual-Link DVI-D interface only.

The monitor measures 27.6" x 18.9" x 7.5" and weighs about 30.9 lbs, including the stand. Power is supplied via a 24 VDC input from the external AC power adapter. The power adapter supports input voltages from 100-240VAC at 50/60Hz, making it monitor well-suited for use anywhere in the world. It draws 95 watts of power when operating and only 1 watt in power saving mode.

The monitor features an adjustable stand, which can be removed for alternate mounting. It is compatible with desk or wall mounts using a 100x100 VESA mounting pattern.

As you've come to expect from Monoprice, we stand behind our products and offer a full 1 year warranty, which is at least 3-4 times what is offered by other monitor manufacturers. Additionally, we are so confident of the quality of these displays that we are guaranteeing these monitor will have less than 5 dead pixels. If you can count 5 dead pixels anywhere on the screen, we'll give you a new one.

Specifications
Model 10235
Display Size 30"
Maximum Resolution 2560x1600 pixels
Aspect Ratio 16:10
Pixel Size 0.2505 mm
Color Support up to 10-bits/pixel (1.07 billion colors)
Contrast Ratio 1,000:1 (DCR 1,000,000:1)
Brightness 370 cd/m²
Active Display Area 25.2" x 15/8" (641.28 x 400.80 mm)
Viewing Angle 178° horizontally, 178° vertically
Response Time 6 ms gtg
Power Consumption 95 watts (< 1 watt in Power Saving Mode)
Power Saving Mode VESA DPMS
AC Adapter Input 100-240 VAC, 50~60Hz
Monitor Power Input 24 VDC
Video Inputs Dual-Link DVI-D only
Dimensions (with stand) 27.6" x 18.9" x 7.5" (700 x 480 x 190 mm)
Weight 30.9 lbs (14.0 Kg)

Included in the Package:

1x 30" IPS CrystalPro Monitor
1x Dual-Link DVI cable
1x AC power adapter
1x AC power cord

Oh yea and even the Manufacturer boasts about using the monitor for gaming just saying.

The 27" seems to have dropped in price by a large amount. It's $325.27 now, was $400 a month ago. Not sure if that was already posted, but I'm impressed. Matching and beating Korean prices.

I was getting really excited about such an amazing price on a high res 27" IPS, but then I saw these were open box, so someone probably bought them and discovered problems with them already.

I've had to fix some of their stuff. TRS cables with bad internal soldering.

Also, their HDMI cables are possibly the worst I own. They small ones are very very badly constructed, the quality control is horrendous. They don't do long runs even as well as tiny mediabridge flex cables which is... absurd for their size. The big ones are so thick and inflexible that they put way too much stress on the HDMI connector and can damage the port.

I've stopped buying HDMI cables from them. Their DVI cables are good, optical cables etc, but their HDMI cables are just unbelievably bad.

their thick braided cables are terribly stiff (i broke one, the other I replaced because it was a 2' length that wouldn't bend to connect my ps3 to an hdmi switch one shelf up). I switched to a different series hdmi cable that they offer and couldn't be happier - I use them throughout my house and my parents house, along with one of their hdmi switches and a few analog/optical adapters.
the monitors are tempting, but not looking to switch from my current setup yet.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

I've stopped buying HDMI cables from them. Their DVI cables are good, optical cables etc, but their HDMI cables are just unbelievably bad.
Buy their ultra-slim HDMI cables. They are as thin as the lead in a pencil, and super flexy. I bought several from them, and even the long one (think it was 15') works like a champ through the wall.

I've been buying from monoprice for a couple years, and I will purchase anything they offer their instead of from competition. I have never had an issue with anything from them (including loads of HDMI cables) But I have over purchased for a few projects and have had no issue with returns or customer service. I even went way past the return window on opened goods and they gave me a no hassle return, their only stipulation was that it would be for store credit instead of a refund in that case.

The discussions above were about gaming. That's what just about everyone was talking about. So the SOME things besides gaming is understandable yet not relevant to my post.

*snipped website description*

Thanks for the matte pickup.

conceded on gaming focus. But its no worse for gaming than any other 30" with high resolution. And your LG panel dismissiveness is still off target given they are the producers of all current 27" and 30" IPS displays.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/articles/monitor_panel_parts.htm

A friend has the Dell 30" and he dislikes it for gaming, preferring his Asus TN 27" monitor. He notices too much tearing on the 30", plus since the Dell is a 10 bit monitor, subjectively all the colors are off on it as well from his point of view. He didn't realize what 10 bit meant.

It would be interesting to put this next to a Dell 30" and compare.

BB

Back