Monitor Problems

Stormshade

Weaksauce
I am having an odd problem with my Monitor. I am running an LG Flatron 19 inch. When I turn My computer on or take it out of standy the Amber light goes to blue(Active) and computer boots/resumes normal activity but it sometimes takes up to 5 minutes for the screen to show the Picture. I have tried swapping out VGA for DVI cables with the same result. I am running this on a Dual 7900 GT Setup in SLI. I have the system set for SLI on an Asus A8n32-SLI Deluxe motherboard. Does anyone have any ideas, or experiance with this sort of thing? The issue will persist at times, even with Complete Wipes and reinstalls. It stopped doing it for a while, but now it is back again.

First check to make sure all the cables are properly attached, power etc. Also does it take 5 minutes for your system to boot, i.e. you have your BIOS set to silent so it just goes directly into windows?

Perhaps have you tried testing the box with a different monitor? To see if its the machine or the monitor. Likewise with the box, if you have a TV with s video out, try booting with just the s video plugged in, (it will work in BIOS even).

Back