Monitor going out... Next move?

excellsior

Limp Gawd
I currently have 2 Nec 20wmgx2 with one on the way out it seems - red dots all over that go away if I power off/on- not sure how long it will last.

I am running them off a 5830 so I was thinking of adding a UltraSharp U2211H displayport

OR

Getting something 1900x1200 instead and move up into that region and start replacing my 20" over time.

I'm kind of a cheap ass so I like to spend 200-250 max on ips/resolution monitors when they have good deals/refurb/etc so that's also a consideration on how long I want to use staggered setups.

I just bought one of these, Dell ST2410 24" 1080p monitors from the Dell Outlet. $191 shipped.

It's a real nice monitor, although the stand isn't height adjustable, which stinks.

My P2210's were from the Dell Outlet store too, I believe you can still get them. They have display port connections.

If I choose to get a monitor right right now it would have to at least be displayport so I can utilize eyefinity.

Ultimately I would want at least 1 ips display out of the 3- and one of them has to be displayport. That monitor is neither ips or has a displayport- and I think I'd want to stick with 1900x1200.

Should I just just the 20" ips displayport now?

I might have to go stare my brothers display and try to convince myself to move up to a higher res.

Ah those are the monitors they use at my school. I like them very much, but I would need to buy the adapter for $100 to display port to use that.... ERRRR... That's a good deal for the monitor though!!

Back