Monitor-as-TV Setup, a few Questions

fn9

Weaksauce
I have a monitor that I'd like to use as a TV, and I'm considering getting this (or a similar external tuner):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815127009

My Q's:

+ Does the fact that my monitor supports 1920 x 1200 make a difference in what tuner I should get?

+ What software should I use? I'd like to be able to record programs, and besides that I'd just like something that works well - perhaps better than software included with the tuner, or Media Center (which I guess Win7 64bit comes with).

+ I assume a product like in the above link won't have any problems allowing me to watch all the channels that come in over the coax, correct? I live in the US.

You might have black bars at the bottom and top of the screen (sicne 1080 is 20 pixles short at the top and bottom combined).

You should be able to use windows media center to do all the recording and such that you need to. That's what I've been using for my FIOS setup at home :cool:

One of the newegg reviews has the following pros:
Is recognized by Windows Media Center (WMC), which eliminates using the included recording software. It doesn't seem quite as sensitive as my Silicon Dust dual TV tuner or ATI PCIE slot tuner, but it's good enough.

Back