Monarch Hornet Pro

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Anyone know where just the case can be purchased? Or is this one of those deals where you have to buy the motherboard along with the case?

im pretty sure you can order that case through monarch. its like 150 bucks and not worth it imo. you would be much better going with the aria considering it has a PSU and is cheaper.

i wouldnt think so considering its a SFF. you might want to go to monarchs site to check that out.

You Can Buy A Hornet Pro And Any Components You Wish To Purt In It From Monarch For Almost The Samem Price As Elsewhere. In My Opinion Both The Aria And The Hornet Are Fugly And Way Too Big To Be Considered Sff.

I've been researching the Hornet Pro lately because I have been considering one.

A normal ATX PSU will not fit into the case. However, it looks like with a little modding, one could get it to fit.

As far as buying the case seperately, or just the case and PSU, it's a big no. I actually called Monarch about 1 1/2 weeks ago and spoke to one of the people there and they do not, and will not sell it without a motherboard. It's a shame because I was considering one, but they don't carry the board I'm considering. :(

But, I've made my descision that I will most likely be buying a Shuttle, but there's a slim chance of buying an Antec Aria and a mATX board instead, but the Aria, IMO, is very poorly designed.

insaneman37 said:
I've been researching the Hornet Pro lately because I have been considering one.

A normal ATX PSU will not fit into the case. However, it looks like with a little modding, one could get it to fit.

As far as buying the case seperately, or just the case and PSU, it's a big no. I actually called Monarch about 1 1/2 weeks ago and spoke to one of the people there and they do not, and will not sell it without a motherboard. It's a shame because I was considering one, but they don't carry the board I'm considering. :(

But, I've made my descision that I will most likely be buying a Shuttle, but there's a slim chance of buying an Antec Aria and a mATX board instead, but the Aria, IMO, is very poorly designed.

Now you see that just sucks. So I have to buy their case, their PSU and their motherboards that they put into them.

Here is a question for you. How fast (when new products come out) do they have them available to select when you are going to buy one. Lets say when the nForce4 motherboards are ready and on the market; how long will it take Monarch before you can choose one of those boards to be put into the case?

I really like the way the Hornet Pro's look; I also like the fact that you can custom color you own!

Oh BTW... How much hard drive room is in them? I'm looking at putting two hard drives in it when I get it and I'm just wondering if there will be sufficient room.

Thanks man!

[BB] Rick James said:
Now you see that just sucks. So I have to buy their case, their PSU and their motherboards that they put into them.

Here is a question for you. How fast (when new products come out) do they have them available to select when you are going to buy one. Lets say when the nForce4 motherboards are ready and on the market; how long will it take Monarch before you can choose one of those boards to be put into the case?

I really like the way the Hornet Pro's look; I also like the fact that you can custom color you own!

Oh BTW... How much hard drive room is in them? I'm looking at putting two hard drives in it when I get it and I'm just wondering if there will be sufficient room.

Thanks man!

I believe they can hold 3 harddrives. No idea of how long it would take Monarch to get a new motherboard.

I stopped ordering from Monarch over a year ago because of their extremely rude customer service and how I was treated by the various employees I had talked to. I was considering giving them a second chance, but only if they would sell the case separate. Or, if they carried the board I was looking at, I would have also considered ordering from them.

Bigshot said:
It's good you have your own opinion...
My Aria

What is the size of the Aria? The Hornet Pro looks to be kind of on the larger side... Which isn't all that bad; it's still much smaller then the case I'm running now.

Ok so lets say I buy one of these right now... Later down the road when new boards come out I can swap them out correct? This case is pretty upgradable right?

So lets say I do buy this case right now. Later down the road when newer boards come out I can upgrade to them correct? This case is upgradable correct?

Yes, you can use any board you want as long as it's mATX.

I am using one of the largest mATX P4 boards in mine(ASUS P4P800-VM) it's tight but it works out great.

ufokillerz said:
i have the hornet pro, is is pretty good

What do you like about it? How large does it feel? Also how many hard drives can it hold? Can a 550 Enermax fit into it?

Back