MoH Warfighter Official Thread

dremic

Supreme [H]ardness
I got this for 50% off. Thought I would start a thread to see how many of you were playing and enjoying it.

It definitely requires you to play with a good team mate. i like the fire squad mechanics a lot and lets be real its a COD version of battlefield 3. still... the level design and gameplay feel fun.

i especially like immersive since it doesnt tell you when youve killed somebody. this is hard at first but really rather dope.. makes it feel much more real. and it makes things much more difficult.

what i dont liike is starting with a scope and not being able to switch to iron sights right away.

I played the SP for like 15 minutes before work, and so far I'm impressed.

Played it for a bit last night. I need to figure out how to set up my controls more optimally. The FOV really sucks.

Played it for a bit last night. I need to figure out how to set up my controls more optimally. The FOV really sucks.

yeah the hold to crouch thing was totally fuckin me up. had to toggle that.

yeah the hold to crouch thing was totally fuckin me up. had to toggle that.

If it shares any similarty to BF3 in regards to controls theres a toggle crouch button, as well as a FOV slider in the settings.

If no FOV in the menu i bet it can be changed via an ini edit.

If it shares any similarty to BF3 in regards to controls theres a toggle crouch button, as well as a FOV slider in the settings.

If no FOV in the menu i bet it can be changed via an ini edit.

i found the crouch one. its under the game section of options weirdly enough. its not a separate keybind.

didnt find the FOV slider nor did i look for it

I played mp for about 45 min last night. first impression is: not great but I'm in need of a new game so it'll do. I played with the 'screen adjust settings' which seemed to affect the FOV.

I played mp for about 45 min last night. first impression is: not great but I'm in need of a new game so it'll do. I played with the 'screen adjust settings' which seemed to affect the FOV.

what didn't you like?

Yay just what we needed ANOTHER military shooter to fall out of the cookie sheet. Gahhhh.

I'm actually enjoying the SP, but the MP is just a mess. Random disconnects, black screens & CTD's after finishing a round, I would've hated to see it before this supposed day one patch. The buddy system is interesting, albeit some confusing, and if you wander to far from your partner you can kiss your ass goodbye...no lonewolfing here. It's definitely not BF3 quality, but I think we all knew that going in...

At this point, I'm pleased w/ my $30 purchase. It should be interesting when reviews start to drop over the next day or so, I'm sure there will be a lot of mixed scores among the media.

I'm actually enjoying the SP, but the MP is just a mess. Random disconnects, black screens & CTD's after finishing a round, I would've hated to see it before this supposed day one patch. The buddy system is interesting, albeit some confusing, and if you wander to far from your partner you can kiss your ass goodbye...no lonewolfing here. It's definitely not BF3 quality, but I think we all knew that going in...

At this point, I'm pleased w/ my $30 purchase. It should be interesting when reviews start to drop over the next day or so, I'm sure there will be a lot of mixed scores among the media.

ive only had one random disconnect. battlefield 3 gave me significantly more problems when it came to connectivity and graphical issues. although i will agree that there is some confusing shit and you definitely need to stick by your partner.

i wouldnt say its not as good quality as bf3 since its basically very close to being the same game just a different play style.

i will say that the UAVs are cool

what didn't you like?

keep in mind this is only after a 45 min audition.
- character models look weird to me. faces are oddly proportioned.
- lighting and colors can be a bit cartoonish. they went too far with the dramatic lighting on certain maps.
- when you kill someone, from your perspective you've fired10-20 rounds at them. but on their end only 3 or 4 shots register. i'm not talking about hits registered, but "hey someone's shooting at me". from their perspective you popped off 3 rounds and all landed, killing them. i'm not articulating this well but i think you get my point. a lot of games have this to some extent but this one feels worse.

sort of small issues. when i get home from work tonight i'll play some more because i have no other FPS i'm interested in right now. aside from BF3 which i'm burning out on.

is this a port ?

I doubt it,Graphically,DX11 @ Ultra settings looks better than BF3..It seams they have tweaked it a little.Quite impressive.GRAPHICALLY at least.A member here hooked me up with the 50% off coupon so for $30,Im ok with my purchase.Played about 20 minutes so far and...well..Can we move on to the next FPS setting now..CODMW done to death now..Still,so far so good.

I doubt it,Graphically,DX11 @ Ultra settings looks better than BF3..It seams they have tweaked it a little.Quite impressive.GRAPHICALLY at least.A member here hooked me up with the 50% off coupon so for $30,Im ok with my purchase.Played about 20 minutes so far and...well..Can we move on to the next FPS setting now..CODMW done to death now..Still,so far so good.

it runs much better then bf3 as well. although i am sure that is because the server size/map size/ and lack of vehicles etc.

Great COD replacement. DX11, looks amazing. The sounds are unreal too... I love it and it's worth $30 for sure.

ive only had one random disconnect. battlefield 3 gave me significantly more problems when it came to connectivity and graphical issues. although i will agree that there is some confusing shit and you definitely need to stick by your partner.

i wouldnt say its not as good quality as bf3 since its basically very close to being the same game just a different play style.

i will say that the UAVs are cool

I got back into 2-3 matches without any issues, it must have been something on the server side. Hotspot is actually a pretty code mode, my biggest gripe right now is the FOV, I hope that either Danger Close implements an FOV slider or I can figure out how to mod the .ini file.

So what settings/resolution are you running it at? I'm wondering how it will run with everything cranked up at 1920x1080 on my 570.

i have everything maxed no motion blur with my sig and my gpu not overclocked i just leave it at boost clocks. almost always have 59-60 fps. only seen it hit 55 ish like once or twice.

game runs beautifully.

I got back into 2-3 matches without any issues, it must have been something on the server side. Hotspot is actually a pretty code mode, my biggest gripe right now is the FOV, I hope that either Danger Close implements an FOV slider or I can figure out how to mod the .ini file.

I'm not at my computer right now, but go to 'screen adjustment' and hit the down arrow. See if that fixes the FOV.

is this a port ?

I stand corrected..Just did a driving section and its capped @ 30FPS FFS!!Game ran Ultra maxed @ 60fps until the driving section and immediateley after..NFS The Run anybody?? :mad:

No reviews out yet. Usually not a good sign.

thats just because they didnt release any review copies until release day due to the large day one patch.

although i agree that generally it is a cause for concern.'

for 29$ though the game is definitely worth it.

I jumped right into the MP and love it. To me it feels better than COD, but i must admit that when i played the beta for xbox i was turned off immediately and wrote the game off as bad. I was very very wrong.

Played a lot of single and a few rounds of multiplayer and I'm enjoying it. One of the better looking games, theres a lot of controls to map, peeking around walls is great, multiplayer so far seems a good change from battlefield 3 in a good way as I enjoy that game as well and appears devs worked to change a few things and make it new. Please let there be Bin Ladin raid scenario..................

For what it is worth, I've done 3 full run-throughs of the single player on Medal of Honor that came out last year so I'm "one of those" that actually enjoyed the game and I enjoy shooters in general, I don't get too hung up on whether or not its modern or WW2, I'm just glad to be able to play.

still a little depressed that rabbit isn't coming back though.

Last edited:
Wow that campaign looks god awful. Brain dead AI and brain dead gameplay. It's 2012 can we stop buying these games now? You're ruining my favorite hobby.

I didn't see any anti-aliasing being used in the game either.

ig33RadceujPx.png

871c75cc76402f2b3023d040d47accbe5083c2d7.png

I stand corrected..Just did a driving section and its capped @ 30FPS FFS!!Game ran Ultra maxed @ 60fps until the driving section and immediately after..NFS The Run anybody?? :mad:

that whole sequence seriously pissed me off, did you notice you resolution bump down to 1280x1024 as well? they need to fix that shit....complete unacceptable...and it seemed to drag on forever

I didn't see any being used in the video. It looked terrible.

that guy obviously doesn't know how to configure advanced video settings in a PC game, just goes to show the console mentality of industry reviewers/journalists

that whole sequence seriously pissed me off, did you notice you resolution bump down to 1280x1024 as well? they need to fix that shit....complete unacceptable...and it seemed to drag on forever

that guys obviously doesn't know how to configure advanced video settings in a PC game

it looks amazing on my computer fo sho

Yes,at first I thought it was a CTD.Did a whole bunch of switching..really took me out the game..:mad:

that guy obviously doesn't know how to configure advanced video settings in a PC game, just goes to show the console mentality of industry reviewers/journalists

He was far too comfortable with that controller wasn't he?

Back