Modding Help Me for Aspire -Q X Pack

ALYNCH75

Limp Gawd
I need some modding help with the ASpire q-pack
want to modify so that I can get sufficient cooling for 3 hard drives that are in my signature
Anyone have any suggestions. Also can anyone tell me which way do they have their hard drives facing when installing 2 hard drives in the hard drive bracket and one in the floppy bay.

get a holesaw and cut a hole on the left side panel near the front. unless you want to cut off the horizontal support you will only be able to fit a 92mm fan there. if you have the fan on the outside of the window and/or dont mind cutting the beam, you can fit a 120mm fan. this is all the extra cooling i need with 2xhdd, 1xdvdr/rw, 7800gt, pvr500mce, opty144, floppy, 1gb ram.
my drives are oriented so you can see the tops of the drives from the right side window. i dont think you can put the cable connector side of the drive towards the front.
good luck

I have 2 hdds in the caddy on the right and when idle their running at 31 on the inside drive and 29c on the outside.

Even at load they struggle to break 34c

the horizontal support actually comes out...so you can just remove it if you want (I wouldnt)...otherwise just cut a hole if you want another fan..I have a 92mm in mine.

Very nice but I really need some mods that will help me keep the hard drives cool and away from each other. Also my Q-Pack has the 3 windows is there any way to cut a hole in them
I like the way you have the case fan with the blowhole on the side is this possible with the windows on the case. CAn i cut the clear panels to make a blow hole please advise.

As far as the PSU goes. I had an NeoHE 430w, it died, so I RMA'd it and sold it to a friend. I just got my 500w Liberty in tonight, and it's beautiful. I would suggest the liberty.

I never understood the obsession with the liberty PSU. Sure it is a stable PSU but lets face it, its ugly.

There are plenty of good PSUs out there, I am not sure why the Liberty has to be the top one all the time :p

I don't think it's ugly. The NeoHE was prettier, but I mean come-on. The only psu's I would buy are, Seasonic/Antec/Enermax. I would suggest one of those, if the liberty isn't your thing. The only thing I have against the libery is the hideous gold trimmed sleeving.

ALYNCH75 said:
Very nice but I really need some mods that will help me keep the hard drives cool and away from each other. Also my Q-Pack has the 3 windows is there any way to cut a hole in them
I like the way you have the case fan with the blowhole on the side is this possible with the windows on the case. CAn i cut the clear panels to make a blow hole please advise.

But the run cool sitting in that caddy! The 120mm fan sucks air in and due to negative air pressure pulls air through the vents and across the HDDs. They are cooler in this case than they ever were in an SN25P. You don't need to mod to cool the HDDs if they are plain SATA/IDE drives. Raptor 150s would be different

Great ideas from you all I appreciated the help. I just don't like to have the case looking stock. I want to keep it cool which all of you have given me great suggestions. :D :D

Now can anyone tell me how to make this thing look good. It looks boxy.

By the way just some advice:

I had it all set up with the AMD 64 3200 and the Zalman CNPS 7000B-AlCu LED CPU cooler.

I was going to a lan party.

Picke up the case with that handle. (I don't recommend that handle for anything in fact you should probably remove it so it won't tempt someone to pick in up)

When I got to the lan party the wight of the Zalman cooler shifted or something because when i tried to turn on the sytem it would now POST.

Upon further investigation the cpu cooler had shifted and the cpu was no longer in the socket the pins on the cpu are now bent with the Zalamna looking like it was pulled off.

This sucks now I need a new CPU. I guess Zalman needs to make a model that will latch onto the 939 pin cpu motherboards instead of making you remove the bracket.

The CPU is under warranty but the warranty says its voided of you use any heatsink other than the supplied AMD CPU heatsink cooler. if not for this I still have 2 years left on the CPU Warranty.

Can someone help me.......... with the following....

Is there a way to RMA this cpu to AMD and they not know what heatsink I used

is there a better cpu cooler that is also quiet that will fit into the q-pack and won't force me to change my cpu bracket.

Please help

ALYNCH75 said:
Great ideas from you all I appreciated the help. I just don't like to have the case looking stock. I want to keep it cool which all of you have given me great suggestions. :D :D

Now can anyone tell me how to make this thing look good. It looks boxy.

By the way just some advice:

I had it all set up with the AMD 64 3200 and the Zalman CNPS 7000B-AlCu LED CPU cooler.

I was going to a lan party.

Picke up the case with that handle. (I don't recommend that handle for anything in fact you should probably remove it so it won't tempt someone to pick in up)

When I got to the lan party the wight of the Zalman cooler shifted or something because when i tried to turn on the sytem it would now POST.

Upon further investigation the cpu cooler had shifted and the cpu was no longer in the socket the pins on the cpu are now bent with the Zalamna looking like it was pulled off.

This sucks now I need a new CPU. I guess Zalman needs to make a model that will latch onto the 939 pin cpu motherboards instead of making you remove the bracket.

The CPU is under warranty but the warranty says its voided of you use any heatsink other than the supplied AMD CPU heatsink cooler. if not for this I still have 2 years left on the CPU Warranty.

Can someone help me.......... with the following....

Is there a way to RMA this cpu to AMD and they not know what heatsink I used

is there a better cpu cooler that is also quiet that will fit into the q-pack and won't force me to change my cpu bracket.

Please help
How is AMD going to know you used a different heatsink? Just tell them that you used the stock one and it shifted while carrying your case. It's not like they are going to send a crew to your house to investigate whether or not you are telling the truth.

Back