Modding Apple Aluminum wired keyboard

Are there any good known mods for this keyboard? One of the main things I wish I could do is to get black keys like they have on macbooks (like Langer did in the prometheus worklog), except the replacement keys are like 2 bucks a piece...do the math. Besides that, is there any way to:

1. Make the usb ports actually functional? The keyboard is unable to power any devices, even a flash drive, because apparently the hub is too weak...I guess real macs deliver more power through usb ports?

2. Backlit keys?

3. Any other method to obtain black keys?

4. Other ideas?

I recommend not to do this at all. Too pricey and there's a high risk for undesirable results. You'll be better off buying a board with LEDs. I wanted to change the LEDs in my board, which in the end almost cost close to the board itself (82 LEDs).

You can probably buy the entire keyboard from a macbook pro off of ebay. Should be a lot cheaper than $2 a key.

I don't think it's possible to sell it because of the way the keys are made. But the closest thing I could find was the entire top of a mac book, including keyboard, which was around 250 bucks. LOL.

Back