Modder’s Uber-Fantastic Garage Door Opener

Looks totally "MYST" ish. I like it :)

I do hope he's changed the knock sequence LOL

Reminded me of Stargate. That's so cool, till someone finds out that's how to open his garage and starts stealing stuff lol

It's programmable:

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERpBHP3sKkM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERpBHP3sKkM&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[\YOUTUBE]

Pretty neat, till you come home drunk, keep fucking up the knock, and can't get into your own garage :)

I Really really really like the design of the mechanism though.

I'd put in a motion sensor where when you approach the gear panel, it opens up automatically, except it might be problematic in the winter with snow and ice on it.

Pretty neat, till you come home drunk, keep fucking up the knock, and can't get into your own garage :)

I Really really really like the design of the mechanism though.

Sounds like a safety feature in that case. Drunk people have no business in a room full of dangerous chemicals, sharp objects and vehicles.

This is fantastic but, I bet could be quite annoying when you have one of those days were your just pissed and in a bad mood then you have to go and do the secret knock! I can see that going to bad places when someone is annoyed and pissed and in a rush! haha! Total Mayhem! I still want one though!

That's a great secret knock. I like it. Might have to start using that for when I knock on a door.

Cool mod, but I bet there's a guy inside the garage who pressed the button to open it after the other guy knocked. :p

Definitely would be awesome, I recommend a taser.
When I saw it, I was thinking more along the lines of: Make the opening and closing automated/powered, sharpen the edges on those center pieces, and make the part where you have to knock sunk into the wall, so you have to reach your arm in to get to it. :)

Pretty neat... someone translate what looks like latin on there?

petite et dabitur vobis quaerite et invenietis pulsate et aperietur vobis

Book of Matthew, Ch7
7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

And a slow version of "Shave and a haircut, two bits" is the knock? Weak passknock FTL. :p

yeah auto opening with a slide puzzle behind it would be cool also a laser on the center of the star thing or an elaborate looking key...

petite et dabitur vobis quaerite et invenietis pulsate et aperietur vobis

Book of Matthew, Ch7
7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you

Very nice... thanks..

I can imagine him programming in a fairly complicated sequence and then trying to explain it over the phone to someone, while the people around him wonder why the hell he's making funny noises into his phone.

Looks to much like a flywheel and reminds me of the last time I changed the knock sensor in my fiancee's jeep.

Back