Mobile devices registering but not carrying out a click

jamsomito

2[H]4U
This has been happening for the last year or so and it's absolutely infuriating. On my Nexus 5, and on my iPad mini, I can click something, it'll flash like it knows what I'm clicking, and then it won't do anything. It just sits there. Then I click it again and same thing. It usually takes 3-5 clicks before it actually carries out the link.

Another frustrating issue is on my Nexus 5, if you click something, about 80% of the time it will bring up the magnification bubble so you can click with better accuracy what you want. That's actually pretty useful when there's a couple of small things together, like the page number on [H]. But, issue #1 happens here too; I'll click in the magnification bubble what I want, it'll flash, then the bubble goes away and it does nothing. So I'm zooming in on what I want to click 3-5 times before it actually does anything. The worst part is, it'll do this even when there aren't two clickable objects next to each other. Like I click the "submit post" button and it zooms in on it like I wanted to click the blank space next to it. WTF?

...driving me insane.

Try different methods of clicking, this sound more like user error.

Anything could cause it based on the angle of your finger

Try different methods of clicking, this sound more like user error.

Anything could cause it based on the angle of your finger

Oh, I've tried that.

Could it be my browser? I'm using Safari on the iPad and Chrome on my Nexus 5.

I just don't understand why it would flash the link and not take me there. It knows that's what I'm clicking, it's just spiting me.

Happens to me too. On my nexus4 and using chrome. I do not encounter the problem as frequently when using Firefox (then again I do not use Firefox that often). Maybe it is bad coding.

The solution that works for me is changing the zoom level (pinch zoom) before clicking the button. A small change is enough where it does not affect the page layout.

So Chrome updated itself on me overnight. It's flatter, has buttons hidden in the menus to be consistent with Google's make-more-clicks-do-do-the-same-thing initiative. But aside from that, the text reflow and zooming seem to be better, and it appears to have fixed my click issue. Though, I've only used it a little bit today. I'll be testing it out over the next few days to see if it actually fixed anything there or not.

Back