Mobile 2600+ Multiplier Questions

punisher

Supreme [H]ardness
punisher-IMG_0695.jpg

Curious about this. According to my calculations the proc should be running 133X16 for 2133mhz. According to the L3 cuts it is at 6X, which is what it is recognized as when CPU multi is set to "AUTO" in BIOS. Am I missing something obvious with the multiplier? I looked at the FAQ above and the proc is indeed set at a 6X. Is there another set of bridges on a mobile proc, or any later proc for that matter, that need to be modified to get proper multiplier recognition?

Thanx.

EDIT: Well after a few hours of searching I found the answer. On mobile procs the L3 is only for the startup multiplier, the L6 sets max multiplier.

Just for the curious:

I found a program "CPU MSR" which allows you to overclock via software, taking advantage of the "Powernow" features on the mobiles. It is about as easy as the "Soft FSB" days except you tweek your multiplier instead of the FSB. So far running easy at 2500mhz at 1.6V, been crunching with prime for about 3 hours now, will let it run tonight. Ran it at 2600mhz for awhile at 1.7V, I will play with that later. 34c idle, 38c loaded, case ambient 26c, slk-800/80mm vantec at 4K RPM

I bought this for another system, but I might just leave it on this old KT333 board for awhile.

Back