MMO Darkspace Free

Crispy002

[H]ard|Gawd
A space based MMO called Darkspace made the transition from pay-to-play to free recently. I betaed the game several years ago and it was rather entertaining. Graphics are decent, gameplay is well thought out, and the community is small but strong.

The game is completely free up to the rank of 1st Rear Admiral, to advance past that you must pay for the game (the rank is decently high up).

http://www.darkspace.net/

I am already Vice Admiral. I guess freeplay won't help me much. I have not played it since some time shortly after retail. I miss the good old days before the metaverse.

I am already Vice Admiral. I guess freeplay won't help me much. I have not played it since some time shortly after retail. I miss the good old days before the metaverse.

The metaverse has since been broken up (sort of) and remade into a much more enjoyable experience. For one, people actually play in the metaverse subservers now. More importantly than that, those people that play actually work together and have epic battles over planets/systems. The scenarios still have the best overall gameplay experience imo.

I think we are the only two [H]ard members that have played this game...

Last edited:
A space based MMO called Darkspace made the transition from pay-to-play to free recently. I betaed the game several years ago and it was rather entertaining. Graphics are decent, gameplay is well thought out, and the community is small but strong.

The game is completely free up to the rank of 1st Rear Admiral, to advance past that you must pay for the game (the rank is decently high up).

http://www.darkspace.net/

Lol i was in the beta as well

Lol i was in the beta as well

w00t one more! This game really is fun to play. It's a decent way to spend half an hour or so if you have some time to kill and such. I'll admit the early ranks do suck a little but you advace quickly. The learning curve isn't as steep since the beta days which is nice.

The beta was ~6 years ago I think and I'd -still- come back to play it when they'd email out the 2 week free coupons.

Back