MIUI - Android

michaelkahl

Limp Gawd
Its going to take alot more then that to replace CM6 on my Evo.

And do many android users truly want an Iphone like experience?

All I can say... is that interface/ROM looks very fast

It really doesn't remind me of an iPhone at all. Maybe looks like sense, but it's not an iPhone.

I actually like it, they streamlined a lot of processes. If I had a phone, I might try it out. :p

QFT, it screams iphone to me. do not want.

i do like the 2nd one posted though

You are missing a very good rom, sure it has its irks, however you can use launcher pro if you don't like the iOS like UI.
I don't get why people are so anti apple, they have a great product on the iphone 4 and they have nailed things like OS responsiveness and the smoothness, things which android can't do well because google didn't bother to include gpu acceleration.
I'm pretty sick of that, if i had to chose between options and experience i'd chose the iOS experience.

it reminds me of the samsung skin they put on their android phones.........sticking with CM6 on my mytouch slide

:( Evo and Incredible have WAY better development communities than all the Galaxy S derivatives combined.

Some day I'll have Cyanogen....

Ran this ROM on my EVO for about a week and I liked it. I use front camera, HDMI out and MMS so I had to switch back to my Fresh ROM. I did like it almost more than any other ROM though. Go figure :-D

Its going to take alot more then that to replace CM6 on my Evo.

Yep.

CM + Slayher kernel + compcache = Android heaven for the Droid.

Wife waterlogged her BB Curve at the end of last week so VZN was happy enough to upgrade her early to a Droid Incredible. I've removed all the bloat after rooting the phone but as of right now I'm not loading any custom anything but if I do it'll be CM6 all the way for the Dinc.

I don't get why people are so anti apple, they have a great product on the iphone 4 and they have nailed things like OS responsiveness and the smoothness, things which android can't do well because google didn't bother to include gpu acceleration.
I'm pretty sick of that, if i had to chose between options and experience i'd chose the iOS experience.

Because it looks like a child's tinkertoy.

There are plenty of people who don't mind Jobs telling them how they will set up their phone, how they will transfer files, etc. Good for them. I just don't plan on being one of the mindless.

Because it looks like a child's tinkertoy.

There are plenty of people who don't mind Jobs telling them how they will set up their phone, how they will transfer files, etc. Good for them. I just don't plan on being one of the mindless.

a lot of android phones don't let you use the phone the way you want until you root them. I don't see that much of a difference between that and jailbreaking. plus good luck getting android 3.0 on most of the phones out now. carriers can't even get their current phones all on 2.2 and many have no update planned. apple has way better firmware support then any other phone maker.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

a lot of android phones don't let you use the phone the way you want until you root them. I don't see that much of a difference between that and jailbreaking. plus good luck getting android 3.0 on most of the phones out now. carriers can't even get their current phones all on 2.2 and many have no update planned. apple has way better firmware support then any other phone maker.

The percentage of people on android >2.0 (vs. 1.5, 1.6, etc) is greater than the percentage of people on >iOS3.0 (vs. 3.0 and below).

Also, there is a lot you can do to customize a phone without rooting it. The simple act of installing a launcher does not require rooting and is nearly as much customization as you can do on an iPhone WITH jailbreaking and winterboard.

Google for XDA. Now that all of your points above have been pretty much settled, what else is there?

Saying that Apple has better firmware support is pretty redundant and since Nokia still releases firmware updates for some of their 2 year old handsets that aren't self reiterations *ahem iPhone with new letter*.

Back