MITX Case layout - your ideas

Pjalchemist

Limp Gawd
Whats your ideas for going about the smallest case possible but fitting the follwing

2X 2.5'' drives
Optical drive std pc one
ITX mobo
ATX PSU (std size)

Maybe a Lian Li Q07

edit: I think you'd need the Q11 for the dual-slot gfx hard. You'd also have to make sure the card isn't too long.

lian li pcq07 wont fit that length of card in 6870 however a 560 ti does fit with loss of usb port

lian li pcq11 wont fit a 6870 i know of due to length so biggest could suggest for this case would be 6850

Jen

Silverstone SG07....

errrr NVM, no standard optical, then Lian Li PC-Q08

I believe that the Q11 is smaller than the Q08, but you would have to change to a HD 6850 or a GTX 560Ti (though some GTX 570s will fit a Q11) If you are willing to go with a GTX 560 Ti non reference (like Palit) then the Q07 will work by giving up the front USB ports, just like Jen said. The case will need some slight modding for the dual slot card.

Guessing you already have these parts in your hands, Q08.

560ti and GTX570 HD would fit but... they are NOISY when the fan ramps up

Wasn't meaning on off the shelf item. Something custom built. I got a Q11 but it's got flaws with it!

Find an off the shelf item that's close, then change what you don't like into what you do like. I am not saying to mod, I am saying copy and change.

Back