Mitsubishi vx1120 CRT

equinox654

Gawd
Do you guys know anything about the mitsubishi vx1120? Found one on craigslist that I want to pick up this weekend.

They said the picture is still vivid and sharp. Do you guys think its worth a 70 mile drive and $15?

I have been playing bad company 2 on a 17" dell with a trinitron tube instead of my 28" hanns-g this week and I cant go back. I tried last night and could feel the lag coming straight off the crt. It was horrid. Like looking at a fat woman naked. :mad:

I was planning on putting the crt on one side of my elbow desk and keeping the lcd on the other and having seperate keyboards and mice on them, so I can just turn my chair to go into game mode.

Ive never seen one of those in person but judging from the specs (google) it appears to be a nice monitor, The specs are pretty much the same as my Sony G520P which had the same max 2048x1536 resolution, .24mm dot pitch, Trinitron tube and had a very vibrant picture, If its in good condition I'd say you'll be happy with it.

Mitsubishi Aperture Grille Diamondtron Tube, it should look very nice (I have a Diamondtron-tube NEC CRT that is 3" smaller). It is probably the Mitsubishi equivalent of the NEC FP2141SB, which is an amazing CRT too.

Yeah, if it truly is in good shape (and you have ample desk space) it would be worth it. The NEC 22" monitor is deep (like 1.5 feet deep) and weighs 90 lbs or so.

But nothing compares to the Sony FW-900 for a CRT monitor. :D

I have an mitsubishi vx1120 and to me it was great, not that I've had that many good CRTs to compare with.

I think mine is about 10 years old and it's been out of focus for the last ~5 years. 1600x1200 is not that comfortable anymore due to the bad focus (I get eye-strain after a while). I still use it with my laptop when I visit my parents but in my eyes it isn't worth much.

But gaming doesn't require the display to be that sharp (my opinion) so in that context it's still quite good. If I felt I needed a CRT to game I wouldn't look for anything else and if the one you can pick up really is in good shape I'd say that it's worth it.

But only you can answer how much you value an CRT, it is a great monitor but if it's anything like mine it will not be sharp anymore.

Back