Mint HP ZR30W 30" IPS 2560x1600 - Ends 9/2/12 @ 8pm MST - $800

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultranifty

Limp Gawd
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-ZR30W-30...8133?pt=Computer_Monitors&hash=item4abb60b915

Best 30" there is.
2560x1600
10-bit S-IPS panel (1.07 billion colors)
.25mm pixel pitch
7ms response
Matte (anti-glare) coating

hp_405.jpg

Check reviews of this thing: http://www.anandtech.com/show/3754/a-new-30-contender-hp-zr30w-review

Normally $1200, asking $750 starting bid, $825 buyout. Ebay history shows $850-900 typical selling price on units not this well taken care of.

Exactly 1 year old tomorrow from Newegg
Have original box, cabling, plastic packaging and monitor cover
Zero dead pixels
Zero problems
No humming/noises
Make sure your vid card has DVI-D out.

I've even kept the dust off this thing and kept the screen clean with LCD cleaner.
If thinking of going 30", get the best there is and save yourself $450. It's in new condition, though technically a year old. I take care of my stuff

I'm paying for shipping and insurance to you

I'd keep it, except that I'm going the 27" 120hz route. I'm giving up on gorgeous picture and res, I know, for 1920x1080 120hz and 3D. It's not for everyone but I like 120hz and 3D. Everything is a tradeoff.

UPDATE: Only asking $750 now. I may have to either cancel and relist the auction, see if I can adjust price, or wait for that auction to expire then post again.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I used to own a Dell U3011 too, which was a good monitor on it's own. This HP has a better picture. I'd look at some reviews as that's what is said most about this monitor, it's massive wide color gamut. The Dell is more expensive too, but it does atleast have in-screen menu adjustment. This HP, you adjust anything you want from the vid card properties themselves, not within the monitor.

I've changed my mind about the price though. Only asking $750 but I might have to wait for that auction to cancel at that price. Don't think I can change the price mid auction

What I will miss most about this monitor is how clear and awesome BF3 looks, but I've got SLI GTX580s. The clarity is amazing, but I think I just barely like 120hz and 3D a tad more

If you find someone here that wants to buy it you can just stop the auction.

Does this monitor have AG coating?

I used to own a Dell U3011 too, which was a good monitor on it's own. This HP has a better picture. I'd look at some reviews as that's what is said most about this monitor, it's massive wide color gamut. The Dell is more expensive too, but it does atleast have in-screen menu adjustment. This HP, you adjust anything you want from the vid card properties themselves, not within the monitor.

I've changed my mind about the price though. Only asking $750 but I might have to wait for that auction to cancel at that price. Don't think I can change the price mid auction

Doesn't the difference between the U3011 and ZR30w boil down to a tradeoff between input diversity and response time?

I didn't read anything about a difference in response time between the two, but there is a difference in picture quality between them. The ZR is the best picture 30" there is, but yes the Dell has more inputs and a built in menu. ZR is just DVI-D and Displayport. Simplistic

I might be wrong, but thought I read about the ZR having a lower input lag due specifically to not having a built in OSD and not as many inputs.

Been running it on SLI 580s and Ultra BF3 is pegged at 60fps (adaptive vsync on) and no ghosting I could tell. Seemed good. But I want 3D and eventually going tri-screen. If it weren't for my new love of 120hz and 3D (though way less res), I'd keep this screen. It's been awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back