Mini-ITX Case Options (HELP!)

angryned

n00b
I recently purchased the Via Epia M-1000 Mini-ITX motherboard, and I have been looking at the options which are available to me for a case solution-

It seems to me like there are 2 options,

Option 1: Make a case

What materials will produce the cleanest/best looking results? I want it to be very small, with only PSU, Motherboard, Ram, and HDD.

Option 2: Buy a case

I have searched all the places that i know online (pricewatch, newegg, even these forums) for mini-itx chassis/cases, but all i have found are extremely expensive for such a small case, and they dont even look that great. Is there somewhere else I need to look?

any advice you guys could give me for a mini-itx case, would be greatly appreciated! examples of ones you've made or nice ones you have seen would also be good

thanks!

jay

angryned said:
I recently purchased the Via Epia M-1000 Mini-ITX motherboard, and I have been looking at the options which are available to me for a case solution-

It seems to me like there are 2 options,

Option 1: Make a case

What materials will produce the cleanest/best looking results? I want it to be very small, with only PSU, Motherboard, Ram, and HDD.

Option 2: Buy a case

I have searched all the places that i know online (pricewatch, newegg, even these forums) for mini-itx chassis/cases, but all i have found are extremely expensive for such a small case, and they dont even look that great. Is there somewhere else I need to look?

any advice you guys could give me for a mini-itx case, would be greatly appreciated! examples of ones you've made or nice ones you have seen would also be good

thanks!

jay

www.mini-itx.com Has tons of mods with mini itx boards. The wire mesh case is clean and provides excellent air flow.

yeah i've looked there..but the fact that everything is in pounds and not dollars kinda freaked me out :eek: i guess ill build something myself...just gotta keep brainstorming...maybe ill scan in some drawings for you guys to comment on

thanks!

jay

Back