Minecraft RTX beta dropped today at 1PM Eastern

1_rick

Supreme [H]ardness
It's only the Windows 10 version, and you have to opt in to an Insider beta program via the "Xbox Insider Hub".

You all know what happened the instant it went live, right?

1587060950215.png

As my son said "so it's only in the version nobody runs?"

Yeah, it seems like everyone likes the Java version. My stepson doesn't run minecraft much anymore, but when he still did, the Java version was the most fun for him due to all the available mods and tweaks.

It's funny. Minecraft is the last game I expected to get the RTX treatment. It's not exactly like this game hangs its hat on graphical fidelity.

Hey, two hours later, I managed to get as far as signing up for the RTX beta. It'll probably be another 2 hours before the registration completes and I get a download link.

Of all companies you would think Microsoft would be prepared for day 1 surge and bring up more servers.

Hey, who wants screenshots? That's right, you do!

Attachments

• Minecraft 4_16_2020 7_49_25 PM.png
    Minecraft 4_16_2020 7_49_25 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • Minecraft 4_16_2020 7_49_53 PM.png
    Minecraft 4_16_2020 7_49_53 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 0
I've been using shader based Ray tracing to test out my hardware. It looks pretty cool, but only works on the Java version. I do have the windows one too. Might as well test out the system later tomorrow. I can even do comparisons between versions. If only I had enough VRAM to run the full 4k textures. Currently requires about 16GB VRAM, and the game is using 26GB system memory.

Back