Microsoft's new mouse technology...BlueTrack?

From what I found it's not a gaming technology, more for portable mice.

From Engadget:
We followed a bit more of the PI work done by our fine commenters and discovered Blue Track to be based on a blue LED combined with a wide-angle lens that's supposed to work on more surfaces than laser and optical. Microsoft only really seems to be aiming this at the portable spectrum, hence the wireless adapter and miniature size, so perhaps Blue Track isn't the end of laser after all.

The [H] had a front page blurb about this a couple weeks ago, plenty of info in the front page thread:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1339995

Pretty much a new technology for improving the types of surfaces you can use the mouse on. Definitely more for the travelers whom don't have ready access to smooth desks / mouse pads.

If microsoft invent something gangster like a virtual mouse where you only have to point your finger then it wont be worth the money! Otherwise any old laser mouse is fine for most people.

Many people are still using optical mice. Laser isn't even that old.

Intellimouse Explorer -Q4 1999
Sidewinder - Q1 2008

Only good mice MS every made.

From the few reviews I've either read or heard it's much better than laser as far as the surfaces it tracks on. So far I've heard nothing but phenomenal things about BlueTrack.

More excited about getting some reviews of the Sidewinder X8 - think it's due to become available in Canada in early 2009.

We will have to see if Microsoft's first wireless gaming mouse measures up...

Back