Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000

xeroiv

n00b
I have recently started to look for a replacement to my logitec mx5000 bluetooth desktop. Of the bluetooth solutions that I have stumbled across I have not found any that quite meet the specs that the Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000 has, such as back lighting and a recharging solution for both the keyboard and mouse via usb. This product has been all but discontinued, but not so if you ask microsoft. Are there some other good bluetooth solutions that can be recommended as I am finding it near impossible to find one of these sets.

You could always buy on google or amazon etc

http://www.google.com/products?hl=e...ike logitech mx5000&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wf

Ones like that are fairly hard to find. I have not seen any in my local BBuy store, but then again just search around for bluetooth keyboards online. Rechargable via USB is nice, too bad they don't make those anymore, you could also try emailing Logitech and see if they have any future products coming up similar to that. I have emailed them, took about a week or so for a reply but they were quite nice in replying.

its not a huge seller because ms went ahead and jacked up the price to an ignorant $250 + at one point. no retailers were stocking them. i love the features and when i got my set i was wanting the 8000 badly. but i just couldnt justify the $279.00. i picked up the 7000 which was half the price. of course IMO the ms mice suck, but the keyboard is nice. i mainly use it in conjunction with my ms remote for my htpc, but now and then ill grab the mouse and use it. i really wish theyd go back to using a real scroll wheel with indents...
now if they could take $100 off the 8000 set id buy it tomorrow just to have the backlighting.

Back