Microsoft vs Logitech Wired non gamer KB+Mouse

adamj023

Limp Gawd
Hi. Am about to order keyboard and mouse mail order. Need a replacement.

Was set on the Microsoft Curve 2000 keyboard but noticed Microsoft had a lesser model and other Logitech entry level keyboards also had the scroll lock key.

Hard to decide between the two or other brands. I need 2 Windows keys on the Spacebar line, a regular scroll lock, would also like a calculator and media controls. Need nothing fancy.

Which will hold up better for an under $20 keyboard on Google Product Search? Logitech vs Microsoft vs ?

As far as a Mouse goes, the Logitech M500 is the front runner but what other mouses are out with 1000 dpi that are Laser with similar or better features for the same or lower price? My budget is less than $30 on a mouse. The M500 refurbished meets this price threshhold, and possibly if it goes on sale new. Any other mice with laser, 1000dpi and 2 front and back buttons on the left with a nice scroll bar like the M500 for the $30 mark?

Am not familiar with brands other than Microsoft and Logitech and Apple sans Labtec which lasted but they don't seem to have a model with the same features as the Logitech and the Dell Mouse which are the worst I have used. I had my Dell Mouse for a short time period and the mouse button stopped working. Dell keyboards and Mice are not well made and do not last. Unfortunately I also had a bad experience with a Logitech Mouse which didn't last either but I think it has to do with the USB Cord that got pulled causing issues for the mouse. Since its an older optical 800 dpi mouse, I figure I may as well replace it now for a 1000 Dpi Laser mouse with a nice scroll bar and nice features which is well made which is what I am looking for.

Dell keyboards and Mice are not well made and do not last. Unfortunately I also had a bad experience with a Logitech Mouse which didn't last either but I think it has to do with the USB Cord that got pulled causing issues for the mouse.

AFAIK Dell peripherals are Logictech rebrands. Then again, I've used some Dell branded gear and they sure take a hell of a beating before the die. And thats a different story for Logitech branded ones. Microsoft gear has also been good to me but thats just my 2 cents.

Mine was not logitech rebrands. The packing slip had the brands and I fergot which it was, but it was not Logitech. They were chinese brands.

I will probably go to BH Photo video to check them out and pick up the one I like.

The Curve 2000 is on special with a mouse I do not want for a extra money so its not a great deal.

And because I don't trust the security where I live, and don't trust people here, I need a wired keyboard. I don't trust wireless technologies with a 10 foot pole because the world is just too uncertain and risky out there considering its known limitations.

One must cater to every absolute uncertainty in life because if not, then it will be abused. Trust is one thing that just too often is not understood or as the Italians would say "Omerta"

Back