Microsoft To Showcase New Surface PC, Other Hardware At Oct 26th Event

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Those who are anticipating updated tablets will probably be sorely disappointed, but Microsoft is expected to show other Surface goodies at the end of October, such as their long-rumored AIO. The company should also be elaborating on Redstone 2 features.

Microsoft finally confirmed with the release of several email invites that October 26th, 2016 in New York City, the company will be holding an event. While the details of what will be shown, discussed or highlighted at the event are still being kept under wraps, many are speculating that Microsoft will be talking a bit about Xbox, Windows 10, OEM partner devices and the inevitable expansion of the Surface brand with an all-new All-in-One (AIO) reveal. Other tidbits to be on the lookout for during the October event may include mention of the newly leaked Surface keyboard and mouse to accompany the AIO as well as mention of Windows 10 Redstone 2 upcoming features which are said to be focusing on mobile and its release in early 2017.

Interesting. I have a surface pro 2 and I love it. Thing is a beast of a tablet.

presenting a surface-themed AIO is the logical step. i'm pretty excited to see the design path MS has chosen.

I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be more fanfare or speculative interest in the Surface Book follow up. I've never particularly cared for the Surface Pro line of tablets that want to be laptops, and couldn't really care less about another AiO to hit the market and immediately be forgotten about like every one that HP and Co. have released and then abandoned, but a v2.0 Surface Book with all the bugs worked out and a solid year of thoughtful hardware revisions would be of a lot more interest to me.

Back