Microsoft Is Updating the Xbox One Controller with Headset Port

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A sharp-eyed user over at NeoGAF has spotted a new addition to the Xbox One wireless controller on the Xbox One Support site. If you didn’t know what you were looking for, you would miss it entirely. The addition is listed simply as “Expansion Port, used to connect other accessories, such as an Xbox One Chat Headset”.

This more or less confirms that Microsoft plans to release a revised version of the controller in the coming weeks - and with the E3 gaming conference fast approaching, it seems like a safe bet that the company will make an announcement in its keynote at the event on June 15.

MS should refund everyone who had to buy that stupid adapter.
Who is going to spend $64.99 on a new controller just to get a built-in 3.5mm jack? I'd rather spend the $24.99 on the adapter for my current controller that still works perfectly.

Who is going to spend $64.99 on a new controller just to get a built-in 3.5mm jack? I'd rather spend the $24.99 on the adapter for my current controller that still works perfectly.

The jack should have been included in the original design in the first place. That adapter is $24.90 in pure profit.

Who is going to spend $64.99 on a new controller

Holy shitballs, that's what they're charging for first-party controllers nowadays? And they call PC gaming expensive. Christ.

Holy shitballs, that's what they're charging for first-party controllers nowadays? And they call PC gaming expensive. Christ.

They're good controllers. You buy the $30 ones that are cheap and tacky, but you'd get what you pay for. You can usually find the $65 ones for $30 anyway.

The minis (wired) are like $40. Very good controllers and work in Windows with steam real well.

I could have sworn my Xbone came with a headset....I don't talk on Live, but I swear it came with one.

Back