Microsoft Expertzone - Retail Employees Only

Well, i managed to get in a training session and let me just say, this new interface is clunky...splitting up all the trainings into categories instead of putting them in one central location annoys me. Also, they still have 360's up. The prizes seem the same, but they require less points and more cash. (still 20000 and 99 for the 360 though)

What magical thing did you do to get the email sent to you? Did you use your work email, or your hotmail/msn/live address?

What magical thing did you do to get the email sent to you? Did you use your work email, or your hotmail/msn/live address?

If you read carefully, he said "training" and thats on the sign in page. I misread his comment too thinking he got in somehow and I even went as far as to sign up again with a different account thinking that maybe it would have sent me the confirmation email. But it didn't, he wasn't and nor was I able to get in. Hopefully they get it done soon. The only thing about his post that is puzzling now is he mentions seeing the store and what was in it, I wasn't able to duplicate that scenario. Microsoft hates me I guess.

If you read carefully, he said "training" and thats on the sign in page. I misread his comment too thinking he got in somehow and I even went as far as to sign up again with a different account thinking that maybe it would have sent me the confirmation email. But it didn't, he wasn't and nor was I able to get in. Hopefully they get it done soon. The only thing about his post that is puzzling now is he mentions seeing the store and what was in it, I wasn't able to duplicate that scenario. Microsoft hates me I guess.

The site is up and working for some people.. at least for me it is. I registered today and got my confirmation email today.

expert.jpg

Yeah I just got in. I'm not liking this one as well. You get 100 points per test and you need 20,000 for an xbox. That means you have to do 200 tests. Thats just insane compared to the last one. Grr!

Looks like they aren't going to get very far with this version of expert zone. People will be turned off like I was when it comes to paying more money and getting more points which take longer to accrue for the same items as before.

Yea, sorry, finals time means less forum time, i was able to log in and take a training session or two this morning. The email was almost instant...maybe 10 minutes. I used my MSN email account, the same one that the original registration was under.

Yeah the prices suck games used to be $9.

Glad I got my PC games before they decided to be GAY. Also glad I got my xBox and free mousepad too. Just in the nick of time. Looks like a piss poor employee accommodation now, where it used to be decent.

apparently you get more discounts and rewards if you reach "veteran" status or whatever, and i assume more if you get to "expert."

to reach veteran you have to earn 2000 points within 30 days of your registration date, and to be a expert its 3000 points w/in 60 days. if all tests give you 100 points this new retail site is absolute garbage :(

Takes FOREVER for a single part of a training quiz to load. 10 minuts they estimate is how long it takes just to get through it without reading anything.

Yeah, the site could definitely use some work. It shouldn't take that long to load anything, much less some text.

To anyone who hasn't already given up on this site, be sure to let us know how the prices change when you get to a higher rank. I need 900 points to get to the next rank, and considering how long it too me to earn 100, I won't be getting there any time soon.

To anyone who hasn't already given up on this site, be sure to let us know how the prices change when you get to a higher rank. I need 900 points to get to the next rank, and considering how long it too me to earn 100, I won't be getting there any time soon.

Are you agreeing with me? I'm confused.

I am at 1100 points now. There are little product boxes in the rewards section with question marks in them, and a description that says that higher levels will get better rewards. I will update.

And the quizzes are so slow, loading them drives me mad.

Wow, talk about slow! I just lost 20k points as I just signed up for the old site and never received any notice they were closing it. I'm mad as all get out.

Wow, did anyone else get the Mass Effect art book? Because what I got is not at all what I was expecting. I thought I was getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Mass-Effe..._sr_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229623204&sr=8-10

And what I got was a 15 page booklet stapled together. I can't remember for sure now, but didn't the description have a picture of the book shown at Amazon?

I wonder if maybe because my order said backordered that they ran out and this is what the sent as a replacement :(.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wow, did anyone else get the Mass Effect art book? Because what I got is not at all what I was expecting. I thought I was getting this:

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Mass-Effe..._sr_10?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229623204&sr=8-10

And what I got was a 15 page booklet stapled together. I can't remember for sure now, but didn't the description have a picture of the book shown at Amazon?

I wonder if maybe because my order said backordered that they ran out and this is what the sent as a replacement :(.

Post a pic? I'd like to see what I missed out on.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Post a pic? I'd like to see what I missed out on.

My camera has been lost for ages and I have no idea where it is :(.

I was wrong before, it's only 14 pages. The art is nice, but with so few pages, there's not that much of it. It's outward appearance is that of a child's coloring book, but it's wider than it is tall. I'd say maybe 6" tall and 10" wide, so it's also kind of small. The pages are of nice quality, glossy and quite thick, like the cover of a coloring book. Trust me though, you didn't miss out on much.

Also, I'm pretty sure the little picture they showed was of that book from Amazon, because I'm certain the picture on the cover of this was not what was displayed. I'm just wondering if everyone got this or if I got some kind of shitty replacement because all the others were gone. I was so excited when the package came today, then I opened it up and was severely let down. It took me about 30 seconds to thumb through it, and that was that :(.

Good thing I was doing the training tests.

Just snagged Fable 2, Gears of War 2 and Viva Pinata Trouble in Paradise for $30 and 1500 points total.

Make sure you all get promoted before the time is up!!! I hope it's worth it to upgrade your status.

Well, I ended up signing up anyways.

A question about the "I am back" promo code, does it take a while to kick in or something? I entered, but don't have my 1,000 points, and now if I enter it again it says "you've already entered that code".

Well, I ended up signing up anyways.

A question about the "I am back" promo code, does it take a while to kick in or something? I entered, but don't have my 1,000 points, and now if I enter it again it says "you've already entered that code".

What's the I am back promo code??

Thanks for the I am back promo code guys, I am sitting at 3000 points now, and it looks like I need to wait until Jan 1 in order to raise my level from newbie.

Well, can we spend our points now and will it keep track of our total towards Veteran and Expert?

I would wait. Your points will go farther when you get promoted.

Meh, I went ahead and ordered Lips and Banjo and Kazooie. How many less points is it to order stuff at Veteran status and Expert status? Does anyone know for sure?

It does keep track of what you have towards the next level though.

Cool. Good to know.

I'm pissed though. I just took a quiz. In the description it said the quiz was worth 150 points. Upon taking the quiz, however, they only rewarded me 100 points. The new site friggin sucks. A buddy of mine at work says that years ago, MS actually offered good deals on their stuff, and sold useful stuff via their rewards program. He says he remembers getting copies of Windows XP for 17 bucks or something like that.

MS likes profit so much that they've even gotta make lots of money off of their own salesmen. We make them billions by selling their crap in retail stores. Selling us a copy of windows for $17 is a nice reward to someone who does a great job selling your stuff. Selling us a copy of windows for $100 is about as gay as it gets. It's not really a reward at all. The xBox for $99 was all right, and there were a few freebies and decent deals on games, but not like the "olden" days from what I hear. Vista should be $20 after getting a bunch of points, not $100. I know when I went to a Microsoft training in Boise, ID they gave every participant a free copy of Office Ultimate. That was a reward!

Oh well. Better than nothing I guess. And the 360 really was a good deal so I'll quit complaining .... even though only a few people actually were able to snag one. :(

Okay, I just placed an order for Fallout 3 and it came up with some error, "unable to verify customer" or something. I hit back to try again, and the points were gone and nothing was in my cart. I didn't enter an address or credit card, yet the order is in my history and the points have been deducted.

Does it just save all your info or something? I'd think there'd at least need to be a confirmation screen or something. Anyone else have this happen?

Okay, I just placed an order for Fallout 3 and it came up with some error, "unable to verify customer" or something. I hit back to try again, and the points were gone and nothing was in my cart. I didn't enter an address or credit card, yet the order is in my history and the points have been deducted.

Does it just save all your info or something? I'd think there'd at least need to be a confirmation screen or something. Anyone else have this happen?

No, but the bastages ganked CODWaW and fallout 3 for 360 from my cart though.
Stuff saved in your cart will last for 24 hours. Get them before they rot.
Taxes and shipping fees will show up when you check out.

Yeah, 24hrs means less than 12. Not only that, but they haven't upgraded my status from "newbie" to "veteran" yet. Not sure its worth it anymore. Thinking about sending a nasty email. But I know it would just fall on deaf ears.

No, but the bastages ganked CODWaW and fallout 3 for 360 from my cart though.

Yeah, 24hrs means less than 12. Not only that, but they haven't upgraded my status from "newbie" to "veteran" yet. Not sure its worth it anymore. Thinking about sending a nasty email. But I know it would just fall on deaf ears.

Same here, my status is still sitting at Newbie, hopefully they can get this sorted out and put up some decent rewards.

Same here, my status is still sitting at Newbie, hopefully they can get this sorted out and put up some decent rewards.

Let me go ahead and add to this list of complaints. I hate these bastages more and more. Now I am listed as a veteran. Awesome! I have two more promo codes for 1,000 points each, meaning all I would have to get after them was 1,000 of their ridiculously long tests to finally get the best rewards.:rolleyes:

Promo Codes:

"I am back" = 1,000
"ExpertZone113" = 1,000
And for those who missed the other one, "November" is worth 1,000 too.

You get more rewards but the price does not (or has yet) dropped nor the amount of points required. I seriously thought about making a "microcheats" site complete with screen shots of answers to aall their tests in order to get at them. Alas, I'm not smart enough for that so they are safe. Lucky &^#$'s!

Back