Microsoft Edge

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
So last night i was watching youtube i always use ms edge and the video on youtube just stopped, i close it and try to reopen and i can't. So i come to realize edge will not load, right away i figured my internet went down i checked everything it was all good. So i opened google crome an it works perfect, so something wrong with edge loading any thoughts what happen?'
thanks

sometime the process gets stuck. force it closed via task manager or reboot.

I've had similar weirdness since I started using Edge. I have just started using edge so it is quite definitive when the odd stuff started. I've had internet lockouts a few times. Launching other browsers had the same no connectivity. Other PC's in my home were fine. I restarted the problematic Edge PC and had continued issues IF I RAN EDGE.
Not claiming anything definitive except it also happened to me.

I don't use Edge but do keep it as a backup browser if I need to check Chrome compatibility (default FF).

But what I do on first install of the OS is go into Edge settings and disable Startup boost and Continue running background extensions and apps when Microsoft Edge is closed. By doing this, Edge doesn't run in the background. So when you close it, it really closes it. Then you shouldn't need to reboot or use Task Manager unless it's really hung up.

Back