Mice advice

kur1j

Gawd
Well I had my 2 y/o MX500 die on me (sorta). It will just die while being used, it acts almost as you unplugged it and replugged it back in. Windows redetecs it and then it will work for another 5 min or so and then die again for 2 seconds and then start working again for another 5 min.

I also have the mx510 and love it. So what does everyone suggest for a new mouse? When I go the mx510 it was the best thing out for gaming. Got it when BB was the only store that had it. I have had good luck with logitech mice and would kinda like to stay with them.

I am seeing a lot of new mice on the logitech site.

What is the difference in the MX1000 and the G7 or the MX610? I am assuming the G7 is more geared for gaming and the MX1000 is just a more round about mouse?

Or should I stay with corded?

MX 518 or G5? What are the differences in the two?

Basiclly looking for a run down of whats going on with these mice :).

I personally like corded mice now, theres just less things that can break.

Get the G5 or if moneys a little tight the MX518

discochan said:
I personally like corded mice now, theres just less things that can break.

Get the G5 or if moneys a little tight the MX518
What is the difference in the G7 and the MX1000?

The difference isn't much. A big difference is that the MX1000 has two thumb buttons, the G7 doesn't. Why Logitech decided to do away with the extra thumb button for the newest models is beyond me. I'd vote for either the MX518 or the MX1000.

DejaWiz said:
The difference isn't much. A big difference is that the MX1000 has two thumb buttons, the G7 doesn't. Why Logitech decided to do away with the extra thumb button for the newest models is beyond me. I'd vote for either the MX518 or the MX1000.
Well not real sure if I want to make the jump to wireless. I think I might sleep on this choice :(. Any thoughts to sway me one way or another?

Just to add my opinon here: I've had my MX1000 for quite some time now, and I love it. I'd definitely replace it with the same model if it ever died on me. Battery life is excellent (never had it run out on me once), wireless has virtually no lag, and it's extremely comfortable.

Go to the store and check out the display models and see which mouse feels more comfortable, and give it a shot. Go with a store that has a good return policy if you don't like it.

Matrox462 said:
Go with a store that has a good return policy if you don't like it.
eBay...the ultimate return policy! :p

I have the MX Duo (MX700 mouse) and it's been great. It's over two years old and the batteries that came with it have just took a dump. They won't hold a charge no matter how long I leave the mouse in the charger. To remedy this, I went out and bought three pairs of 2500mAh AA's and a 15 minute quick charger. Dang those high capacity batteries make a differnce! I gave them their initial charge 5 days ago and I still haven't had to recharge them. The Logitech base charger isn't strong enough to recharge the new batteries out of their packaging, hence why I had to buy the 15 minute charger. I'm not sure how good the base charger will do or how long it will take once it comes time for a recharge.

At one point I was stongly considering buying an MX518 to replace my MX700, but it still works fine so the purchase of a replacement will wait until the mouse itself dies.

As far as choosing between the MX518 and the MX1000, flip a coin. ;)

Back