mic gets super staticy in ventrilo + teamspeak how to fix other then reboot?

Kirika

Gawd
I have this problem that after awhile my mic gets super staticy in ventrilo and teamspeak that people can't hear me after my computer has been running for awhile like a week maybe two. If I reboot it fixes the problem. I tried two different headsets a Seinheiser PC330 and a Steel Series Siberia. Both have the same issue. If I use Vent / Teamspeak on my laptop it works fine but I'm used to push to talk and don't like voice activate. Dunno if I want to spend the money on a new sound card when I might upgrade my computer soon. System specs in sig. Any ideas please?

I'm going to guess you are running a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

I have almost the same card - Audigy 2 ZS - and the microphone input is useless under Windows 7 64-bit. Instead of static, I get an "underwater" sound effect. It's totally random in my case. The problem will start while I'm already playing a game & trying to chat, regardless of how recently I've rebooted.

Creative's drivers for the Audigy 2 are, it would seem, garbage. They don't work properly under a 64-bit OS. I guess I'm lucky the output works.

I don't know whether the problem also happens with 32-bit Windows 7. I'm not going to reinstall Windows 7 to find out. The only solution I've found is to use the motherboard's built-in sound device for the microphone, while connecting speakers to the Audigy 2 ZS.

FWIW, here's a thread about this topic on this forum:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1422288

Thanks.

Actually 64 bit Windows Vista. Had this computer awhile. 32 bit is not an option have 16 gb of ram if I have to reinstall I'm buying a new machine at this point.

For me it is usually a few days before I get the static and then I have to reboot. Really wasn't too much of a problem till recently as I started using voice for Battlefield 3 and World of Tanks. WoW I was on vent but didn't talk much.

Guess its about time for a new sound card but issue with that is I would lose my firewire port which I use for my dvcam and some hds. Would have to get a firewire card too probably not worth the money at this point.

Back