Metroid fans: NEW Metroid game for GBA

Originally posted by SCSI-Terminator
Wern't they doing a remake of the origional metroid for the GBA with upgraded graphics? Is this it?

That's what I thought it was. So is the Snes version next? The snes version is still one of best out of the metoid family.

I hope it's better any the Zelda on the game boy that went to the game boy color, only added color, 3 suits, and the new dungeon; or the Zelda for snes to the gba, that need more than just the four swords added. Sorry but I'm still pissed off about that.

figgie: thx for link, I'm still playing the 1st one on the GC. Great game.

Originally posted by eons
figgie: thx for link, I'm still playing the 1st one on the GC. Great game.

I as well have not beat the GC version. Its awsome, just sooo many games out, hard to find time for all of them , and for life. :D

From what I read in a mag, the new Metroid GBA game is not a remake of the old Metroid game. It takes place right after the original Metroid game, so it's a whole new story line.

What would be cool, is a PC FPS of Metroid. Not the GC version, but something better, with D3 graphics. Have bad ass Multiplayer (With males/females with body suites that look like Samus's) with vehicals and co-op play mode.... that would be a lot of fun :D

Originally posted by Baker
What would be cool, is a PC FPS of Metroid. Not the GC version, but something better, with D3 graphics. Have bad ass Multiplayer (With males/females with body suites that look like Samus's) with vehicals and co-op play mode.... that would be a lot of fun :D

Is this a joke? You've described the opposite of Metroid and every Metroid fan's worst nightmare, congratulations!

wierd how the page scrolls right like that. not used to it, makes for a nice website.
anyone know if this game will have any goodies to unlock on gamecube like fusion did?

Originally posted by veras
Is this a joke? You've described the opposite of Metroid and every Metroid fan's worst nightmare, congratulations!

Is what a joke?

Whats the nightmare... that its on PC or an FPS...

If its a FPS, why would "Metroid fans" hate it? First off, all metriods have been 2D graphics. Till the GameCube version, its all been a sidescroller. I'm not hating on the GC version. I know a lot of people didn't like it because of the "auto-aim" and that it wasn't really ment to be a FPS... but the developers of the game, where trying to take it to the next level, by going from 2D to 3D.

So if Metriod never came to GameCube, and it stayed 2D, and I said that Metriod should be made in 3D.. that would be doing the opposite of what "Metriod" is all about. Thats not the case.

Metriod has a story behind it, and with every new game, that story keeps becoming more elaborate. If I'm not mistaken, in Metriod Fusion, she was walking on that planet (at the begining) with 2 other "people" before she got infected. Those other people both had body suits.

When I was talking about multiplayer, there could be other characters to choose from.

I think it would be a kick ass game to take the Metriod series to the next level.

And it being like "Halo MP".... what game isnt? Almost all games coming out now-a-days have vehicles in them. I would say that Halo is a rip off of Tribes.. all games are, but who cares?, as long as their fun right?

I thought Metriod on the GameCube did an awsome job with the visor and guns... I think a new game that was on PC would be awsome. To bad Nintendo doesn't cross plateform their games :rolleyes:

well i will tell you from what I have dug up.

Metroid Prime 2 WILL have MP capabilities (co-op not sure about Deathmatch)

I have played most Metroid titles and will say for being 3d. Metroid prime has the feel of the older metroid game.

Metroid
Mega Man
Mario
Sonic
Zelda
Castlevania

All Games that should never be 3d.. but are... and now there horrible...

but you have to go with the times...

Originally posted by USMC2Hard4U
Metroid
Mega Man
Mario
Sonic
Zelda
Castlevania

I have to disagree. But everyones different. I liked Orcarina of Time, and Wind Waker (not the best in the series, but not bad games at all). I think by making the games 3D brings it to a new level. Theres a Mega Man game on the GameCube that is a sidescroller trying to use up-to-date graphics, but from what I heard it sucks.

I think its just what you grow up with. People that grow up with these 3D versions of the game, might like them better, than people that played the origonal.

If they were able to capture the "Metriod feel" in a FPS type of game, >I< think it would be pretty fun. :)

Originally posted by USMC2Hard4U
Metroid
Mega Man
Mario
Sonic
Zelda
Castlevania

Are you kidding me? Mario 64 and Ocarina of time owned!

Metroid Prime was a really good transition too imo.

Originally posted by coofoostu
Are you kidding me? Mario 64 and Ocarina of time owned!

Metroid Prime was a really good transition too imo.

yes and the game play is kick ass. Big evil bosses rule!!!

Back