You can definitely tell it's a Metro game by the trailer because the FOV they showed is like 30 degrees.

It looked like they were trying to hide low polygon counts and low resolution textures with lens flares, fog, and dust.

I also think just having hands and not connecting them to arms looks stupid and is lazy.

Nothing in the game looks "VR", it just looks like they're making a Metro game playable in VR.

I can't say I'm excited at all, but I also found the other Metro games unplayable mainly becaus the FOV was tiny.

You can definitely tell it's a Metro game by the trailer because the FOV they showed is like 30 degrees.

It looked like they were trying to hide low polygon counts and low resolution textures with lens flares, fog, and dust.

I also think just having hands and not connecting them to arms looks stupid and is lazy.

Nothing in the game looks "VR", it just looks like they're making a Metro game playable in VR.

I can't say I'm excited at all, but I also found the other Metro games unplayable mainly becaus the FOV was tiny.
You just described Half-Life: Alyx.

You just described Half-Life: Alyx.

Yeah, HLA is overrated IMO, but HLA at least does some real VR stuff.

The trailer for Metro showed nothing at all. Maybe there will be something in the game, but so far, nothing.

Also, actually analyzing the trailer.

This trailer is FAKE GAMEPLAY

When the ladder is being climbed a player is not actually moving those hands, it's an animation. The way the fingers move over the fire is clearly animated, but the fact that they're showing detached VR hands they're trying to trick you that it is real gameplay. I wouldn't be surprised if every single bit of of the trailer is 100% animated and there was no one controlling the hands or camera in VR at all.

The biggest give away is when they show the player pushing a wall with his hand to move his body. Just try doing that in a VR game LMFAO.

So I'm going to assume they have nothing VR actually done at all, or what they do have is too poor to actually show.

Back