memory upgrading...

homIcIde

Limp Gawd
This is embarassingly simple question for someone who would like to fancy themselves as relatively experienced, but we all have to be humped sometimes so here goes.... :p

I was just sticking a second stick of Corsair RAM in the Inspiron 6400 (damn Dell and their ridiculous mem upgrade prices) and wasn't whether or not to take off the sticker covering the actual memory modules on the stick's top side. Seeing a sticker over the modules on the factory installed stick I decided to leave it on and see what happened. The ram was recognized perfectly (I'm posting from the machine right now), so I assume all is well, but I am just posting to confirm that their shouldn't be any issues. It wouldn't be hard to take the sticker off, however, (obviously) so if the consensus is that I should than feel free to say so. Thanks.

are you talking about the little sticker they stick across the ram ships that will say like the MFG name or speed/type of ram? If so why bother taking it off, it wont hurt anything leaving it on.

Back