Memory upgrade

ycchan

[H]ard|Gawd
Currently using a Fujitsu C2210, it has 256mb of onboard memory and the max I can upgrade is 768mb. It supports PC2100/266MHz memory.
What is the best memory for laptops? I've looked at Mushkin and Crucial. Mushkin doesn't state how fast their latency rate is.

I have purchased Crucial for 2 Powerbooks, a Dell and a Toshiba and have been perfectly satisfied with all of it, never had a problem.

I just bought a 512MB stick of GEIL PC3200 for my Inspiron 600m. Works like a charm.

I put 512mb of pc2100 ram from crucial into my Thinkpad R40 and it's worked great.

I just bought a 512MB stick of GEIL PC3200 for my Inspiron 600m. Works like a charm.

Is it difficult to install the ram? I've never seen inside a laptop, so I'm not sure what it's like in there.

Originally posted by Strk
Is it difficult to install the ram? I've never seen inside a laptop, so I'm not sure what it's like in there.

Its not difficult. On my Inspiron 8200 I just had to unscrew a plate on the underneath and then snap the RAM in place.

And for the guy that bought the PC3200 sodimm where did you get it from? I might get the emachines 6805 and I'd like to run 1:1 with the fsb.

Most laptops that I've seen make it easy to upgrade the ram. Like the other guy said, there's a removable plate underneath that can be removed so you can add memory. Sometimes there's screws to remove, sometimes not.

You'll get the same performance out of any RAM you buy. Just save the $$$ and grab some Crucial.

Back