Antec Fusion Case

my current MCE setup is like this
AMD Athlon 64 3000+
Asus A8N-VM CSM
1GB DDR1 400
60GB + 120GB IDE HDD
Hauppauge PVR-150
Antec Fusion Case

Right now, i'm connecting it to the TV using DVI to HDMI and RCA audio, using the onboard 6150 to output 1080P, cuz i'm noticing some lag when watching tv, i'm thinking of upgrading to a dual core chip + more ram and faster HDD would solve the problem. not really sure why my current setup always seek HDD when watching tv, even tho the ram usage is only at 45% most of the time

I'm trying to keep my cost down, so i'm seriously considering that new AMD chipset that does HDMI output with audio.

you guys think i'll see some improvement in my setup? or just a waste of time and money?

another thing i was looking at was upgrading the HDD on my current setup plus a HD2400 pro video card. since i believe that one also does HDMI w/ Audio.

would that be a better solution?

Your not going to get 1080p video from the 6150 board. Just not enough horsepower.

Your not going to get 1080p video from the 6150 board. Just not enough horsepower.
Exactly, go with a 8x00 series or 2x00 series (ATI) card although from what I hear the 2400s can only do 1080i.

i'm running 1080P currently with my old setup. but i dont really watch any HD content, just windows running at 1080P. its just when watching tv, it probably upscale the tv input to 1080P

Hah, you're joking? It doesn't take much to output 1920x1080, and even watch videos with that native resolution. The processor the OP is going with is plenty powerful for about any 1080p vid such as mkv, x264, wmvhd, etc.. The only thing it would slightly struggle with is playing back native Blu-ray and HDDVD movies from the original disk. If playing back one of those from the hard disk without encryption, it would be just fine.

i just got a HD2400pro, but I cant seem to get audio from the DVI to HDMI using the cable.

and I cant seem to find a DVI to HDMI adapter for this card for sale anywhere since it does not come with one.

in windows, it does show that there is HDMI audio, but is it even possible to get audio out from a DVI port????

i just got a HD2400pro, but I cant seem to get audio from the DVI to HDMI using the cable.

and I cant seem to find a DVI to HDMI adapter for this card for sale anywhere since it does not come with one.

in windows, it does show that there is HDMI audio, but is it even possible to get audio out from a DVI port????

That card is supposed to come with the DVI-->HDMI adapter that carries the audio.

That card is supposed to come with the DVI-->HDMI adapter that carries the audio.
It's up the manufacture to drop one into the package, it's not a requirement to have the DVI to HDMI adapter with the 2400 Pro from what I understand.

the one i got is from Sapphire, i guess i'll return it and wait for one with HDMI output

Back