Medal of Honor franchise is getting shelved

Plague_Injected

Supreme [H]ardness
http://au.gamespot.com/news/medal-of-honor-franchise-taking-a-rest-6403177

Electronic Arts announced today that after Medal of Honor: Warfighter missed sales expectations, the series is being taken "out of rotation."

It is not clear what this means for developer Danger Close Games. An EA representative told GameSpot this afternoon that the studio has no announced projects.

"We haven’t announced a new project for the Medal of Honor development team, although there are other projects in development in Los Angeles and throughout our other EA studios," the company said. "Medal of Honor is a great franchise with a storied past. We recognize and appreciate the value of the franchise. We’re going to give Medal of Honor a rest while we plan its return. We haven’t made any decision on how or when it will return."

Perhaps Battlefield will become a fully-fledged annual franchise after all.

least they know when to fold em instead of releasing a crappy new game every year

EA should do the same for Crysis. Its gone down the toilet after Warhead.

Wish the ppl who made COD would do the same...

every COD keeps making more money than the other COD so that will not happen for a while. The series will definitely start selling less and less but it will be a while till its not profitable anymore.

TBH, and I do not play COD, but COD is a millions time better than MOH. I bought the 1st "new" one and what a garbage game, both SP and MP. Didnt even play this one but everything I saw did not look good.

I don't understand why they would shelve Warfighter when Crysis 3 is just as good as it.

/sarcasm

That's arguable...

According to EA's last financial statement Crysis 3 preorders are tracking 40% higher than Crysis 2's. Crysis 2 passed Crysis 1 sales in just a few months (granted this a bit apples to oranges due to Crysis 2 being multiplatform).

By comparison Warfighter did not even meet half of MoH's sales numbers over the first two weeks past release and or its life time sales to date.

According to EA's last financial statement Crysis 3 preorders are tracking 40% higher than Crysis 2's. Crysis 2 passed Crysis 1 sales in just a few months (granted this a bit apples to oranges due to Crysis 2 being multiplatform).

By comparison Warfighter did not even meet half of MoH's sales numbers over the first two weeks past release and or its life time sales to date.

I was referring to Crybabytek's pissing and moaning about the sales of Crysis, Warhead and Crysis 2 all being too low.

Perhaps Battlefield will become a fully-fledged annual franchise after all.

That can't be good for Battlefield franchise. While Battlefield 3 offered many nice improvements over BF2, I doubt that's a feat that can be repeated every year. It might end up like CoD if they keep rehashing it every year :(

Good.

Airborne was the last good game in the series and that's where it should have ended.

That can't be good for Battlefield franchise. While Battlefield 3 offered many nice improvements over BF2, I doubt that's a feat that can be repeated every year. It might end up like CoD if they keep rehashing it every year :(

that would be a disaster. Already with one every 2 years the game is already full of bugs and problems, imagine if they try to push one out every year.

I think it's too late for that, BF3 is already an over-milked cash cow for EA.

Airborne was the last good MoH game I had played, the rest didn't interest me.

EA should do the same for Crysis. Its gone down the toilet after Warhead.

EA has nothing to do with Crysis or Crytek ownership. It has been kicking ass and taking names with all of its games so far, and making a tidy profit while doing so.

i honestly dont know why anyone actually bought the games.

maybe EA is starting to notice some gamers actually want a quality game and not annual trash

every COD keeps making more money than the other COD so that will not happen for a while. The series will definitely start selling less and less but it will be a while till its not profitable anymore.

There is so much fail in this statement. Do some research next time and you will realize that BO is the best selling, and MW3 was 5% lower total sales, and BO2 is expected to be 15% lower sales.

Hot Pursuit 2010

That game had some of the worst driving physics of any game I have played. There was no reason to take your finger off the accelerator or even use the brake. I won a number of races on the toughest difficulty without bothering to brake. The rubberbanding just ruined the gameplay for me.

My opinion:

Drop the cod's (even though I play Blops2 almost everyday), drop the NFS line (Seriously after playing the new MW, I can't distinguish which was worse, a woman going through the pain of abortion or the game itself and drop the Crysis franchise before it turns into another Nfs, Moh or Cod. Crysis was never that great besides it's ability to push amazing visuals at the time where hardware was not powerful enough to do so, not to mention the storyline itself was never that great, sure it was fun but not a Grammy Awards game.

Games I want more on the market: games alike Stalker, interactivity with the open world, no limits to where you can explore, travel and go, customizing weapons joining in game character groups. FPS games these day's are so linear, most of the shit we see have already been done, we want more in-depth gameplay with compelling stories and choices and decisions the player has to make with the in-game character that could affect the game storyline itself and the ending outcome.

Good , Medal of Honor hasn't been good since the PS1 days when Spielberg was involved.

I have can't stand what its become. Its a boring franchise that's even worse than COD.

Good riddance, I thought Warfighter was bland, extremely linear and generic and offered absolutely nothing new, its all been done to death. All military shooters are basically the same these days.

Bout fuckin time.

DOWN WITH MILITARY SHOOTERS.

Only after we dump MMOs and fantasy themed RPGs for science fiction RPGs. ;)

Warfighter was decent for what it was (only bothered with SP). Leaps and bounds better than CoD. Very nice sounds. Hopefully future shooters are more like it sound wise. But it was rather forgettable gameplay wise.

If they could take the graphics and sounds and put it into a tactical shooter I would be very pleased. Seems like those aspects went to waste as you could not even breach doors without it going into a slow motion cinematic cutscene. :rolleyes:

That being said, compared to much of the stuff that comes out these days, Warfighter is honestly not that bad. Which shows the state gaming is in.

Wtf ^, if there was 1 award I would give Warfighter it will be craptacular game of the year both SP and MP. That game was just fail.

So much this. They were great for a while but its time to move on to something else.

So move on to something else, I mean it's not like these games are made to the exclusion of all other games, there are still tons of other type and style of games out there.

Only after we dump MMOs and fantasy themed RPGs for science fiction RPGs. ;)

Warfighter was decent for what it was (only bothered with SP). Leaps and bounds better than CoD. Very nice sounds. Hopefully future shooters are more like it sound wise. But it was rather forgettable gameplay wise.

If they could take the graphics and sounds and put it into a tactical shooter I would be very pleased. Seems like those aspects went to waste as you could not even breach doors without it going into a slow motion cinematic cutscene. :rolleyes:

That being said, compared to much of the stuff that comes out these days, Warfighter is honestly not that bad. Which shows the state gaming is in.

No.

Maybe they should have taken a different approach to it over cloning COD. Warfighter was so buggy I gave up trying to play singleplayer.

Graphically, I didnt feel like it approached BF3 single player. It felt dated, like the console it was probably ported from.

Maybe they should have taken a different approach to it over cloning COD. Warfighter was so buggy I gave up trying to play singleplayer.

Zero issues on my PC. Graphics looked good. It is like a better CoD aimed at a demographic that is slightly older. Still decent as far as linear games go. That being said, if they at least attempted to make the gameplay as authentic as the look it would have been far better. I don't mind linear games, though they can get a bit tiring after a while.

Wtf ^, if there was 1 award I would give Warfighter it will be craptacular game of the year both SP and MP. That game was just fail.

It wasn't superb, but it had good graphics, sounds, and runs good with essentially zero bugs. Compared to a similar game, like Metro, which had crashing and issues even starting, Warfighter is not that bad. It is the kind of game you play once and then forget about. Like most other games in the same genre (linear cinematic). In this aspect it delivered a decent experience.

For those expecting wizards riding unicorns grinding to unlock a level 67 magical flight enabling horse shoe (in which all are clones that are labeled as being unique :rolleyes:), I can see how it can be disappointing though. :p

Maybe if they brought the quality of their only decent MOH game which is MOHAA aka
Allied Assault, then we would see better sales.

Some thought BF 3 would not be a hit due to Call of Duty, but that was not the case now was it?

Holy crap, never knew I had MoH Allied Assualt:

2013-02-02_10-38-05_502_zps147a35c7.jpg

hahahahhaah Allied Assault was the only version of the series I enjoyed playing.

When the demo came out, I was hooked instantly back in december 2001.

Online was laggy, but if you found a server with great ping, you dealt with it.
The Kar98k sniper was boss!

The mods on the game were pretty cool too. and for the graphics? Well for the time, they destroyed BF1942 IMO which came out later in 2002... yet spear head etcc came out, killed the franchise personally.

Yeh I might've played it a long while ago, going through my games on my shelf I see I have 1942 and Vietnam Redux as well as Cod1 and 2.

On the otherhand, I enjoyed Airbourne immensely when that came out it. It was just completely different to any other world war game I played around that time.

Fine by me. I really loved the PSX games from the late 90s and early 00s. Allied Assault was the last one I played.

Back