MB Poll

o well screw the poll...

Here was the break down:
my goal is to run 250/500 fsb with my amd 64 3000+ (newcastle)

Here were my options:

MSI K8N Neo.
Abit KV8 PRO
Epox 8KDA3+
Chaintech VNF3-250
Gigabyte K8NSNXP

btw, 1:1 memory wont be a problem, and i have water cooling

im prob going to buy the epox once newegg has it in stock. if price is an issue and losing extra features doesnt bother u, u can get the chaintech at mwave.com for 69 bucks! both boards are supposedly great overclockers.

Ive been asking around alot, and nobody i pm likes chaintech, thet say to hit or miss.
I was sold on the epox buy reading anandtech review , but im still tryin to gather as much info as i can.

im still stuck on memory to- im going ocz for shure, but cant decide on witch...
first it was a 1 gig stick of pc3200 (all of these eb of course)
then it was 2 pc3500 512
now im thinking i might as well get the dual channel setup (3500 eb 2x 512) for 939 months down the road when i upgrade.
I know it wont run dual channel now, but it cant hurt right ?

Mine is an:
Asus A7V8X will upgrade to A7V600
Abit is also good, so is DFI
But stay away from the headaches like MSI, FIC, Soyo, iWill, Epox, FoxConn, Or any of the other off-names.

Oldwolf said:
Mine is an:
Asus A7V8X will upgrade to A7V600
Abit is also good, so is DFI
But stay away from the headaches like MSI, FIC, Soyo, iWill, Epox, FoxConn, Or any of the other off-names.
ive been reading alot of bad stuff about the msi neo platnium, but heard good stuff about the epox 8kda3+... the abit isnt looking to good either-http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=765036

i wanna stay NF3 250 chipset, and like i said a goal of 500 fsb 1:1

Back