Mathed Potatoes For The Holidays

good watch lol

although i will say that is a very inefficient way to cook potatoes.

wtf i feel very dumb now....i think i can make this easier fro people..

1cook
2 cut them in to little pieces
3 add gravy eat

sadly i can see my wife trying this tonight and me wonrdign what is taking her so long to make her plate lol

wtf i feel very dumb now....i think i can make this easier fro people..

1cook
2 cut them in to little pieces
3 add gravy eat

sadly i can see my wife trying this tonight and me wonrdign what is taking her so long to make her plate lol

Because you didn't realize it was a joke or was the video confusing? :p

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was disappointed, there was actually no math. If, instead, they'd done a proof to show that for an n-sided regular polygon of height h, area is maximised as n -> infinite and volume is maximised as h -> 0, that would have been math.

Lol, i know all of you were waiting to see what the face behind the voice looked like. fap fap fap.

I use an abbreviated method that calls for stopping at fourths, putting them into a pressure cooker for half the time and then applying a brute force algorithm with an electric mixer.

Well this is one woman that doesn't know how to properly cook potatoes for mashed potatoes nor does she actually mash them.

This one is slipping away...she must be KEPT in the kitchen PERMANENTLY from here on out.

Pathetic.

so many wrong things... sad face.

1, wrong potatoes. she used baking potatoes, which are WAY to grainy for mashed potato use.

2, cut BEFORE cooking. preferably into thin slices with a mandolin. it reduces cooking time drastically.

3, soak potatoes in water for about 6-8 hours. you're rinsing the starch off of the spuds, which will make them "lighter"

4, drain the potatoes, and dry in a salad spinner if you have one.

5, cook in 1 gallon whole milk, at just above a simmer. water may cook potatoes, but milk gives it more flavor. simmer until the potatoes start to fall apart.

6, drain the milk, reserving 1 cup. add about half a stick of butter, and the reserved milk, and whip with either a hand beater or electric. if electric, 15-30 seconds. if hand, 45-60 seconds.

there's science behind it all, if you really wanna know.

1, wrong potatoes. she used baking potatoes, which are WAY to grainy for mashed potato use.

2, cut BEFORE cooking. preferably into thin slices with a mandolin. it reduces cooking time drastically.

3, soak potatoes in water for about 6-8 hours. you're rinsing the starch off of the spuds, which will make them "lighter"

5, cook in 1 gallon whole milk, at just above a simmer. water may cook potatoes, but milk gives it more flavor. simmer until the potatoes start to fall apart.

6, drain the milk, reserving 1 cup. add about half a stick of butter, and the reserved milk, and whip with either a hand beater or electric. if electric, 15-30 seconds. if hand, 45-60 seconds.

I'm coming to your house for dinner. :D

I have a few comments:

1. Correct.
2. Yes cut before cooking, mandolin is to thin, 1/8th is the way to go.
3. I got to have the heavy potatoes.
4. Just a pasta strainer is fine.
5. Chicken Stock, however I am going to try whole milk at some point now.
6. Correct.

I have a few comments:

1. Correct.
2. Yes cut before cooking, mandolin is to thin, 1/8th is the way to go.
3. I got to have the heavy potatoes.
4. Just a pasta strainer is fine.
5. Chicken Stock, however I am going to try whole milk at some point now.
6. Correct.

Chicken stock with.. milk... mmmm

I like that this thread is so close to being a recipie exchange! You guys are great and make me think that some nerds can also become normal people. :)

...i'm a food nerd. :-D

Docta, it makes for a more... whipped mashed potato, than a heavy, starchy one

I like that this thread is so close to being a recipie exchange! You guys are great and make me think that some nerds can also become normal people. :)

Sorry, they can't. Fleeting glimpses of humanity does not make one a normal human :D

...i'm a food nerd. :-D

I'm terrible in the kitchen. I can make breakfast stuff okay, but anything really complicated results in fire and cats escaping out windows. :(

Sorry, they can't. Fleeting glimpses of humanity does not make one a normal human :D

It's still a step in the right direction and we should be happy about how no one here is saying, "Potatoes? Where does that fit into my Mountain Dew and Cup Noodle diet?"

How old are you SkribbelKat?

You been throwing your weight around in here quite a bit lately, but every time I'm about to put you on ignore you make me laugh.

How old are you SkribbelKat?

You been throwing your weight around in here quite a bit lately, but every time I'm about to put you on ignore you make me laugh.

I keep telling people that after six years, I ran out of fingers and toes so I just stopped counting. :)

Anyhow, it would be :eek:kay if you put me on ignore. I am pretty much an idiot...on purpose. I won't even get mad or anything, th:eek:ugh I might be a Sad Skribbel :(:( for a few minutes since the name jojo is pretty awesome and it would stink for you to not read the random stuff I help people here talk about.

You can be an aggressive poster sometimes, as can I for that matter, its all good

You can be an aggressive poster sometimes, as can I for that matter, its all good

I've had an aggressive poster once. It came with a video card I bought. There were these people in front of a pyramid and they were all "ROAR ATI RAWKS!!" or something and waving around swords and other pointy objects. Since I prefer paintings of nice relaxing scenery like forests or empty cabins by lakes in actual wooden frames, I never did hang it on a wall, but posters can get aggressive so I really understand.

Back