Mass Effect Rift Station/Peak 15 who fixed it ... no more black silhouettes

_l_

[H]ard|Gawd
No more need to use in-game console to input viewmode unlit ... I guess nVidia drivers have been corrected? Not sure who to thank really

What?
I'd have said you had some sleep and you see it clearly for the first time, but this topic is evidence to the contrary.

Reactions: _l_
like this
Did you have an AMD CPU previously? I swear that was an AMD specific thing

yes and at the moment I'm playing on the same AMD rig (micro-ATX with Phenom II x2 B59). Used to have to use command prompt in-game and enter viewmode unlit but no more. Unlit makes everything look lousy but at least you can play the game.

What?
I'd have said you had some sleep and you see it clearly for the first time, but this topic is evidence to the contrary.

LOL I do have sleep apnea which makes a person punchy like when you only sleep 3 hours a night for years on end but no, this is/was a know issue. I'm just very surprised it suddenly was fixed (has to be the drivers)

yes and at the moment I'm playing on the same AMD rig (micro-ATX with Phenom II x2 B59). Used to have to use command prompt in-game and enter viewmode unlit but no more. Unlit makes everything look lousy but at least you can play the game.
Wow. How old is that thing, like 7 or 8 years old? It only supports DDR2 memory, if I'm not mistaken.

That is odd.. I just asked a friend who always runs AMD systems and she said she played it about a year ago and still had to use that console command. Maybe there was a Windows update or AMD chipset driver update since then that eventually patched whatever was broken in the first place. (She has a 9590-based system ATM, by the way) Seems like it was CPU/chipset related since it was a GPU-agnostic problem.

Wow. How old is that thing, like 7 or 8 years old? It only supports DDR2 memory, if I'm not mistaken.

ummm, not that old, Newegg (actually it's OutletPC on Newegg) still sells the Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 v6.0 and it's DDR3

Seems like it was CPU/chipset related since it was a GPU-agnostic problem.

that could well be; maybe Microsoft did an update to Win 10 or Gigabyte updated their chipset driver (just did the install last week with fresh DL from Gigabyte website)

Last edited:
Must be an AMD specific thing, as I've never heard about this issue. And I finished Mass Effect about 10 times on various computers and chipsets. But the last AMD machine I had was before Mass Effect was released. Damn that was long ago.

Actually my old laptop had an AMD chipset and I don't remember seeing this issue there either. But it's possible that I never seen this level on that laptop.

Back