Marvel's Spider-Man 2

I played this for 3 hours last night. I have to say I quite like it but yes, it feels the same as the first 2 games and this one just takes off (story wise) from where the last one left off after a couple of years. The only thing running through my head when I was playing was why aren't the Marvel shows as good as this game's story go? lol. But if you liked the first two games you will probably like this one.

I just started this and it is quite good. My 9 year old is already around 15% done. I am at 6%. Game is pretty amazing to play on the PS5. I am running performance uncapped w/ 120 Hz and it is smooth as butter and looks great. Didn't do fidelity mode as I can't play this game at 30 fps.

I just started this and it is quite good. My 9 year old is already around 15% done. I am at 6%. Game is pretty amazing to play on the PS5. I am running performance uncapped w/ 120 Hz and it is smooth as butter and looks great. Didn't do fidelity mode as I can't play this game at 30 fps.
Pretty much no reason to run 30 on a 120hz TV when they offer the 40 FPS option with the same IQ settings and DRS to compensate, which is my preferred option on my C9 OLED. It feels closer to 60 than 30 to me and I appreciate the better IQ as well. But it's fantastic that they give us all these modes to play in to fit everyone's preference and I hope more studios strive to bring this level of flexibility to more games.

Spiderman 2 is a system seller... Sony's first party studios are constantly hitting homeruns.

Spiderman 2 is a system seller... Sony's first party studios are constantly hitting homeruns.
(waits patiently for superior pc port) Not really, if you have a good pc :D. If they didn't do their nice PC ports, they might get me to buy a PS5. They get my money anyways though so I'm sure they're happy.

The game plays really well on PS5 with the PS5 controller. I did try the fidelity mode with unlocked fps and it was too low fps for me. Went back to performance and uncapped.

Game is amazing. About 26% done I think. Will try to finish today if possible.

Wow wow wow wow.
I mean wow.
Just wow.

Everytime I thought they can’t possibly top this. They did. Absolutely stunning and ridiculous game. Loved every minute of it.

I give it a solid 12/10. Just go and play this game. Any critic that doesn’t appreciate this game can go to hell for all I care. I didn’t yet 100% it but will definitely do it. Stopped at 71%. Did some sides and main quest. Maybe about 20 hours. Spent all weekend and also didn’t go to work in the morning. WFH lol. 👀

Pretty much no reason to run 30 on a 120hz TV when they offer the 40 FPS option with the same IQ settings and DRS to compensate, which is my preferred option on my C9 OLED. It feels closer to 60 than 30 to me and I appreciate the better IQ as well. But it's fantastic that they give us all these modes to play in to fit everyone's preference and I hope more studios strive to bring this level of flexibility to more games.
Uncapped with VRR is also a good option.

Finished it over the weekend, enjoyed my time with it but do agree the game is very similar to the first one and it's gameplay will get repetitive (especially if you play its sidequests).

Game looks great, and the 40 fps felt great to me.

Game story lost me after they went full "symbiote invasion" mode. Felt like that storyline has been repeated too much lately (cartoons and previous games).

Would've much preferred a more grounded story, perhaps just with Venom obsessed over Peter and trying to ruin his life (instead of a planet takeover.)

Miles Morales was great, though. Think I enjoyed his side quests more than the main campaign.

Kraven felt goofy. Like hes supposed to be an honorable hunter, but he has his militia huntdown and cage his 'prey'. And to be even more cowardly, he researches the enemies weaknesses before engaging in a controlled battleground.

Back