Marvel's Spider-Man 2

I'm fine with keeping a lot of the core gameplay mechanics the same. Hell, even the graphics are fine. I just want an overhaul of how missions work. No more fetch/collection quests, please. At the very least, way fewer. A redesigned map is sorely needed, too. They can stay in NY (obviously), but they don't have to use the exact same NY map from the first games.

Later this month, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered will become available as a standalone purchase on PlayStation Store...this title was previously only included as part of the Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition

Spider-Man 2 prequel comic announced for Free Comic Book Day...writer Christos Gage (who was also one of the writers on Marvel’s Spider-Man), and Artist Ig Guara have collaborated on the new comic...fans in the US can visit a participating comic book store or download the comic digitally on the Marvel Unlimited app or Marvel.com starting on May 6th...

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...quel-comic-announced-for-free-comic-book-day/

No PC? and QTE's... mega oof. Hopefully they can be turned off like the first.

No PC? and QTE's...

it'll come to PC after a year or two...Sony's priority is still the PS console, PC later...if they released it at the same time on PC then it would take away sales from the console

No PC? and QTE's... mega oof. Hopefully they can be turned off like the first.

Jim Ryan said recently that Sony games will be exclusive to the PS5 for at least a couple years. Though, given some of the reveals from the event today that obviously doesn't apply to live-service stuff.

Jim Ryan said recently that Sony games will be exclusive to the PS5 for at least a couple years. Though, given some of the reveals from the event today that obviously doesn't apply to live-service stuff.

it won't be that long...he just said that to appease the Sony PS fan base...the release window on PC will be getting shorter...I'm guessing 1 year on the low end and 2 years on the high end

More of the same is okay with me as long as they don't have so damn many "collect the XXX" quests you pretty much have to do in order to get the decent powers. The core gameplay for both previous titles was good. The main missions were especially good. They just kinda ruined everything with the side nonsense.

Insomniac Games just revealed the official release date: October 20th

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/0...-collectors-digital-deluxe-editions-detailed/

SM2.jpg
Collector's Edition.jpg

looking good!...Venom!

Marvel's Spider-Man 2- Story Trailer

release date: October 20, 2023

PlayStation Blog: Marvel’s Spider-Man 2

Venom was brought to life by the sensational actor Tony Todd...we’ve long admired Tony and were so grateful to work with him to play Venom...his voice work brings to life Insomniac’s new monstrous design for the character – and Senior Art Director Jacinda Chew explains more:

“Our Venom was inspired by the comics, but there have been so many interpretations that it was fun to pick and choose what fits the game,” said Chew. “He has a unique take on the white spider icon and has the anatomy of a human. He also has powerful tendril attacks that can take many forms. It was challenging to find the right balance between liquid and solid in Venom’s materials as going too watery makes him look weak and going too solid can quickly turn him into a tentacle monster. Venom must look both powerful and semi liquid at the same time”...

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/07/20/marvels-spider-man-2-new-story-trailer/

I'm surprised that Insomniac were the first ones to cast Tony Todd as Venom. When I heard he was cast I got very excited to hear his take, it's perfect casting that feels like the obvious best choice. He did an outstanding Darkseid for a few DC projects as well.

gameplay and story look great...graphics aren't the big next-gen leap in quality that I was expecting but it still looks solid

normally I'm not a fan of game specific custom designed PlayStation consoles (faceplate)...but...I actually love the Spider-Man 2 PS5 custom design

PlayStation Blog: Marvel’s Spider-Man 2

Venom was brought to life by the sensational actor Tony Todd...we’ve long admired Tony and were so grateful to work with him to play Venom...his voice work brings to life Insomniac’s new monstrous design for the character – and Senior Art Director Jacinda Chew explains more:

“Our Venom was inspired by the comics, but there have been so many interpretations that it was fun to pick and choose what fits the game,” said Chew. “He has a unique take on the white spider icon and has the anatomy of a human. He also has powerful tendril attacks that can take many forms. It was challenging to find the right balance between liquid and solid in Venom’s materials as going too watery makes him look weak and going too solid can quickly turn him into a tentacle monster. Venom must look both powerful and semi liquid at the same time”...

https://blog.playstation.com/2023/07/20/marvels-spider-man-2-new-story-trailer/

Now available for pre-order.

https://direct.playstation.com/en-u...e-marvels-spider-man-2-limited-edition-bundle

We just may be waiting for 2 years.
Yeah. :( Oh well, I waited for Spider-Man 1 and Miles Morales on PC already, I'll wait for #2 now. I bought a ps4 for the first one and never played it, at which point I finally went for the pc version :ROFLMAO:. It served as a Blu ray player.

Marvel's Spider-Man 2- Digital Deluxe Trailer

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Digital Deluxe Edition includes:

• Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 full game for PS5
• 5 unique Miles Morales suits
o EnC0ded Suit design by Kris Anka
o Biomechanical Suit design by Jerad Marantz
o Tokusatsu Suit design by Julia Blattman
o Agimat Suit design by Anthony Francisco
o Red Spectre Suit design by Sweeney Boo
• 5 unique Peter Parker suits
o Aurantia Suit design by Raf Grassetti
o Apunkalyptic Suit design by Jerad Marantz
o Tactical Suit design by Joel Mandish
o Stone Monkey design by Victoria Ying
o 25th Century Suit design by Anthony Francisco
• Additional Photo Mode items
• +2 Skill Points

Also includes pre-order incentive items:

• Arachknight Suit for Peter early unlock (includes three color variants)
• Shadow-Spider Suit for Miles early unlock (includes three color variants)
• Web Grabber gadget early unlock
• +3 Skill Points

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXCgFfvFIzs

I hardly played Miles Morales just never found the time to get into the game time being the problem.

Pretty amazing technical feat they've pulled with this game. Implementing full RT reinfections, and double bounced from other reflections, in all performance modes. All while keeping resolution at or above 1440p in the quality 30/40 FPS modes. Giving you unlocked and locked VRR options is just gravy as well. Insomniac seems to have an engine here that's as optimized as iD Tech's engine in Doom/Wolfenstein with the graphical fidelity and performance they're pushing here.

I just played and platinum'd Spiderman remastered a couple months ago and got half way through Miles Morales before getting distracted with TotK lately. But I'm tempted to drop everything for this now seeing how awesome it looks.

Their engine just looks great at this point. It's clean, sharp, and fast. It seems like they really just polished like crazy and brought it up to the next level.

I like how Dead Space would hitch walking into another 500sqft room and this can fly a miles across a city in 5 seconds without missing a beat.

Not sure why everyone gave it an 8/10? Maybe 2 spideys don't work well together? Original was almost 9 or 10 throughout. Seems this is the same game w/ more of everything but still got slammed.

Not sure why everyone gave it an 8/10? Maybe 2 spideys don't work well together? Original was almost 9 or 10 throughout. Seems this is the same game w/ more of everything but still got slammed.

I don't understand why everyone gave Starfield 10/10 scores, but here we are.

I would guess that because this game is "the same game w/ more of everything" is the reason.

Starfield I think just got the "it's a triple A space game with a story and it feels new" rating. Even if there are better space game out there (IMHO) like No Man's Sky but that is not a story driven triple A but an indie game that is still being supported today, so they have to give Starfield a higher score rating than that. Then again maybe I am jaded. ;)

I would guess that because this game is "the same game w/ more of everything" is the reason.

Starfield I think just got the "it's a triple A space game with a story and it feels new" rating. Even if there are better space game out there (IMHO) like No Man's Sky but that is not a story driven triple A but an indie game that is still being supported today, so they have to give Starfield a higher score rating than that. Then again maybe I am jaded. ;)

Starfield was hyped up for so long that some folks can't separate that hype from reality...it's not a 10/10 in any way...at least Elden Ring deserved it's 9.5 and 10 scores...one of the few games to live up to the hype (even though I don't think Elden Ring is perfect and give it something like a 9.7)

Spidey 2 definitely sounds like more of the same which is not a bad thing but maybe people wanted to see some new things added...plus I hear the bigger NYC open world feels very Ubisoft-y with it's collection/side quests

Back